shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this too much for a man’s pinky ring??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like pinky rings, but it might have possibilities for a ring finger. Would need some design changes, but I love the diamonds. Just thinking there has to be a better way to set those side stones.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
You'll be blinging that's for sure. Hahaha I too don't like pinky ring. Maybe index finger ring? Ring finger I would definitely wear that!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must it be black?? Would be pretty in Pt or white gold. I assume you'd need a pair of bevels that align with the tapering traps.

Of course a single stone flush-mounted that way would be even cooler, imo. You could have any size stone on any finger you want.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hmmm! Good idea! My index finger will be rocking the Octavia ring. Code name: “Cold Fusion”

just got back from casting today! Won’t be long now!!!
Must it be black?? Would be pretty in Pt or white gold. I assume you'd need a pair of bevels that align with the tapering traps.

Of course a single stone flush-mounted that way would be even cooler, imo. You could have any size stone on any finger you want.

Here it is in platinum!

97955BAA-709B-421F-A492-E862A30EF56F.png
8629D944-E955-4064-BCC7-F37D7BD7CA32.jpeg 881D00F1-2F2C-420E-84FF-44169C488F42.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each to their own - if you like it, then go for it I'd say.

It is not anywhere near Liberace's level of ostentation for certain! ;)2

DK :))

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
If you like the original design then wear it that way!

Grilledcheese

Rough_Rock
Not too much at all, I think it’s stunning!

I personally like the thicker design mainly because I feel like it provides more security as it will be worn on an outer finger. I’m really rough with my hands and wack my pinky onto things often but that could just be my clumsiness haha

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I just want to see a facing forward pic!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly prefer the wide band for the style. And if you do buy this DONT tone it down with less side stones, since IMHO they are what takes it to the next level of amazing.

**dreams of owning Yoram stones one day**

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
and thanx for the tag, @Dr_Diesel !!

I like pinkie rings, however, I would have them as plain bands and no bling. I have tried a few on, and the bands only work for me.

have you tired any bling on the pinkie? Perhaps try a few on to see how it feels on. It will help you understand your tolerances.

as for this ring- whilst it is stunning, for me, I would change the setting or the side stones. That centre with that amazing puffy crown - wowsers.

do you have any other pictures of the ring- perhaps a top down view?
I need to see the centre stone to knwo what works for my eye. The facet patterning all has to work for me in the setting. It either blends in, accentuates it or it competes with the centre stone. Based on what I see, I believe the side stones will compete with the centre stone and will be a distraction- ie too much going on in the stones for eye to really appreciate the entire rong

I am not a big fan of those prongs/
Claws and sadly, that is all I see; and therefore can’t unsee, if that makes sense.

my instincts tell me those tapered French cuts (?) would be better set in a channel/ bezel style to work as a ring.
But keen to get a top down view of the centre stone to know how it would look, and therefore side stones.

bare in mind, I only have solitaires and eternity bands in my collection. So my design eye is limited.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
and thanx for the tag, @Dr_Diesel !!

I like pinkie rings, however, I would have them as plain bands and no bling. I have tried a few on, and the bands only work for me.

have you tired any bling on the pinkie? Perhaps try a few on to see how it feels on. It will help you understand your tolerances.

as for this ring- whilst it is stunning, for me, I would change the setting or the side stones. That centre with that amazing puffy crown - wowsers.

do you have any other pictures of the ring- perhaps a top down view?
I need to see the centre stone to knwo what works for my eye. The facet patterning all has to work for me in the setting. It either blends in, accentuates it or it competes with the centre stone. Based on what I see, I believe the side stones will compete with the centre stone and will be a distraction- ie too much going on in the stones for eye to really appreciate the entire rong

I am not a big fan of those prongs/
Claws and sadly, that is all I see; and therefore can’t unsee, if that makes sense.

my instincts tell me those tapered French cuts (?) would be better set in a channel/ bezel style to work as a ring.
But keen to get a top down view of the centre stone to know how it would look, and therefore side stones.

bare in mind, I only have solitaires and eternity bands in my collection. So my design eye is limited.

Here we go!

Platinum no Frenchies.PNG Platinum Ring with French Cuts - Finished.png Platinum Ring 2.1.PNG
Platinum Ring 2.2.png

Last edited:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
One more contour adjustment option:
Platinum Ring 2.12.png

vs.

Platinum Ring 2.1.PNG
@gregchang35

...no prongs!!!

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Out of all the renditions of the 7 stone ring, the last 2 are my favourite. The contour differences that you say, I could not tell. So for me, either of the 2 options.
And woohoo- no prongs.
However, I have to be honest and say that my favourite is the solitaire. The centre stone is what looks like a modern cushion and the sides are tapered French cuts?? To me, the centre snd side stone compete for attention.

but, your eye may like what you see, and that trumps what I say.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Out of all the renditions of the 7 stone ring, the last 2 are my favourite. The contour differences that you say, I could not tell. So for me, either of the 2 options.
And woohoo- no prongs.
However, I have to be honest and say that my favourite is the solitaire. The centre stone is what looks like a modern cushion and the sides are tapered French cuts?? To me, the centre snd side stone compete for attention.

but, your eye may like what you see, and that trumps what I say.

Thank you for your candor! You are so consistently frank and unambiguous. I love it!

There is truth in what you say…I may be trying a little too hard because I love Yoram’s French cuts so much *sigh*

And you are correct: That is one of Yoram’s modern eightfold cushion brilliant cuts.

So, here it is in a solitaire:

6F047BB3-B41A-47F3-B605-3288C8A04F90.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love the simplicity of the solitaire for this centre stone. It works well, and the lines on the ring work- the top and bottom lines I mean. I think it flows well. Very similar to what I want to do with my asscher. I have seen the cads, and I want the lines to accentuate the same way you have it as I believe it will make it pop. Awaiting for his new cads.

I have to also advise you that I am step cut person. However, I do appreciate all stones.

those French cuts- yummy. They work best I think for older cuts, for my eyes- old mine or maybe OEC. Or the newly cut AVC.

if you like these French cute: Perhaps have the Octavia with the French cuts? But I have to see it laid out. It might work in my mind, but visually it may not.

Or perhaps have a French cut eternity band!!! That is on my wish list…. Lololol.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the simplicity of the solitaire for this centre stone. It works well, and the lines on the ring work- the top and bottom lines I mean. I think it flows well. Very similar to what I want to do with my asscher. I have seen the cads, and I want the lines to accentuate the same way you have it as I believe it will make it pop. Awaiting for his new cads.

I have to also advise you that I am step cut person. However, I do appreciate all stones.

those French cuts- yummy. They work best I think for older cuts, for my eyes- old mine or maybe OEC. Or the newly cut AVC.

if you like these French cute: Perhaps have the Octavia with the French cuts? But I have to see it laid out. It might work in my mind, but visually it may not.

Or perhaps have a French cut eternity band!!! That is on my wish list…. Lololol.

Agreed RE French cuts & vintage stones. Somehow I think this could work, but I’m going to ask Yoram of a video of the combination to make sure. If not, solitaire it is!

On a side note, I’ve always been a step-cut person as well…which I’m sure you already guessed lol! I decidedly dislike most modern cuts…and then this one came along. I was smitten!

As for the Octavia…it’s spoken for. The ring was cast yesterday.

Code name: “Cold Fusion”

…updates on that one coming soon!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
When the stone speaks to you, it speaks to you.

woohoo- it’s cast!! I absolutely cannot wait to see the outcome of that one… it’s very architectural/ the lines / grooves. Very strong robust feel!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results