shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Tiffany pendant worth it?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
There are many lovers of Tiffany here and they would have no problem whatsoever paying for that cache. They enjoy and love everything they have.
I on the other hand would buy secondhand Tiffany at a discount, but would never pay for the privilege of a first owner branded piece. But that's just my take, alone.
There is no right or wrong with this and it's a beautiful pendant. What does your gut say? If you love it, and the cost is doable, then go for it! :))

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
There are many lovers of Tiffany here and they would have no problem whatsoever paying for that cache. They enjoy and love everything they have.
I on the other hand would buy secondhand Tiffany at a discount, but would never pay for the privilege of a first owner branded piece. But that's just my take, alone.
There is no right or wrong with this and it's a beautiful pendant. What does your gut say? If you love it, and the cost is doable, then go for it! :))

Thank you, It is actually on sale on ebay, but not at a huge discount which is why I am hesitating (if you see my thread in the colored gemstones for sapphires, I am thinking maybe it would be best to invest in that). Instinctively, I really like it though (and I am middle-eastern so olive trees hold a special meaning for me:)). I love tiffany but I find it too expensive

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you really want a piece from tiffany then the paloma picasso jewelry is iconic... but the olive leaf motif is so common in greek, israeli, middle eastern jewelry i think you'd find a pretty silver pendant for less than $50 (take a look on etsy) or one in gold for the same price as the tiffany.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m another who only buys pre loved - more bling for the $$$.
The Sapphire pendants in your other thread are nice but the issue will be that they are so dark in colour they will look black rather than blue. They aren’t “high quality” sapphires. With sapphires the better the blue the higher the price.
Tiffany pieces are vastly overpriced for their precious metal content. With Tiffany, you are buying the brand, not the intrinsic value and again, many people are very happy to wear a branded piece and will pay the price.
Just a warning though, Tiffany, especially the silver pieces are the MOST faked type of jewellery. On eBay up to 80% of the pieces are fakes. Some are stamped 925 for silver, but aren’t even real silver. They are made in the thousands in Asia. So be very careful buying pre lived Tiffany pieces.
If you love the Tiffany piece, buy it from Tiffany. Get the Tiffany experience rather than try and save a few dollars and end up with a fake.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I’m another who only buys pre loved - more bling for the $$$.
The Sapphire pendants in your other thread are nice but the issue will be that they are so dark in colour they will look black rather than blue. They aren’t “high quality” sapphires. With sapphires the better the blue the higher the price.
Tiffany pieces are vastly overpriced for their precious metal content. With Tiffany, you are buying the brand, not the intrinsic value and again, many people are very happy to wear a branded piece and will pay the price.
Just a warning though, Tiffany, especially the silver pieces are the MOST faked type of jewellery. On eBay up to 80% of the pieces are fakes. Some are stamped 925 for silver, but aren’t even real silver. They are made in the thousands in Asia. So be very careful buying pre lived Tiffany pieces.
If you love the Tiffany piece, buy it from Tiffany. Get the Tiffany experience rather than try and save a few dollars and end up with a fake.

Thank you for your advice, given the small price difference I think I will go with the Tiffany experience as you say if I move forward with this purchase

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, it is way overpriced for something so small and in silver due to its "designer" tag and being sold via Tiffany.

For some, the genuine Tiffany packaging that comes with it is worth that kind of money.

Not for me, not just because I do not buy into the designer and brand mentality, it is too small and delicate for my liking.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results