shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone a good deal???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taualum23

Rough_Rock
I think I might have found my stone. My only concern is the girdle. ANybody have any opinions? It''s right on the top of my rpoce range. My girl wants it all. 2 c, lots of fire are the most important.

Report GIA

$12,433

Shape Princess

Carat Weight 2.00

Measurements
Length-to-Width 7.16 x 7.00 x 4.60

Proportions
Depth 65.7
Table 71
Girdle TN-VTK
Culet NON

Finish
Polish VG
Symmetry G
Clarity Grade SI1
Color Grade G
Fluorescence NON

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
not too bad. do you have any more info on it? have you seen it yourself?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
If she''s wanting lots of fire, I doubt this is the stone. Do you know what the crown height is? Personally, I would pass on this stone....

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think the table is too big to guarantee lots of fire. I''d also be curious about the crown height.

I suspect if you''re looking for lots of fire, the superbcert.com princesses--with their small tables--are a pretty good bet.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My stone actually has a slightly larger table, but it has TONS of fire. What I''ve learned with princess cut stones is it''s the relationship between the numbers that matters most. To increase your chances of finding a stone with a lot of fire, I would look for a stone with a table smaller than or equal to the depth--you''ll want a stone with a crown height of 10-15%. Also, look for stones with less variation in the girdle, and avoid stones that are very thin or very thick (look for TN, TN-M, M, M-STK, STK). Hope this helps!

taualum23

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your replies. I don''t have much more info, bu I am going to be able to see the stone before purchase.
Researcher. I wi ll look for a stone that fits the info you gave me. Won''t trying to fit into those numbers make the stone look smaller, with the table less than or equeal to depth? What do you think the ideal relationship would be to maximise both the some extent?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the stone will probably be lacking in fire. Probably slightly dull...but on the other hand, that is a good price for a stone that will look like it''s over 2 cts. So you need to decide what''s more important.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results