shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this set a weird look? Too much?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am forever looking for a varied look to go with my CVB oval 3 stone. Is this too much? I don't have much finger real estate...is this too much of a gap?

If you have something similar, please post/share! MVIMG_20200204_093521.jpg MVIMG_20200204_093511.jpg MVIMG_20200204_093354.jpg MVIMG_20200204_093505.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I like it as I don't mind a gap or mixed metals, but then others do.

If you like it & it's comfy, then rock it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a little weird, but as Alex T said if YOU like it wear it.. beautiful rings btw!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
For me I couldn't do it. I like curved bands for things that can't have a straight band flush. Or I wear one on each hand. But if it's comfortable and you like it then wear it! It's about what you like not the rest of us :)
Mixed metals are gorgeous by the way! The two pieces are lovely on you!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
I quite like it, but then again I am a big fan of a both gaps and mixed metals. What do you tend to wear with it everyday?

I think it’s a good option if it’s comfortable on the finger!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Two gorgeous rings! I really love your three-stone CvB. :kiss2:

I don’t find the combination looks like ‘too much’. Many people here wear a diamond band with an engagement ring.

I think what might have you questioning the look is the gap between the two rings. To my eye, the gap is a bit wide and affects the harmony between the two rings.

In your first and third photo, the diamond seems very close to your knuckle. As a previous poster asked, do you find it comfortable? If not, it won’t be enjoyable to wear. And jewellery should be fun!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the second ring takes away from the look of your CVB. I think a tiny pave band would look wonderful. You wear what you love though, whether or not anyone else likes it is irrelevant.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both rings. And I love a gap between rings. Having said that I don’t love these rings together. But they are gorgeous rings both of them. I’d wear them separately. However if you love them together I say wear and enjoy them together. There’s no right or wrong. Just what you love.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are beautiful, but in my opinion, they don't pair well together given the gap and style (more antique vs. more modern). Could you wear the band as a RHR?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous rings, but for me do not go together. But that's just my opinion. If you love the look then go for it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a gap but I don’t like the mixed metals and styles in this instance - I’d prefer the band to be on the middle finger
But who cares what I think

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love gaps, I love mixed metals, and I also love non-matchy sets, so this gets a thumbs up from me! Both rings are stunning!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I wear a natural antique spinel with a larger band that some might find busy or too much for my pudge mitts.
I can't help hobbit hands and I *love* sparkle, spinelring=band.jpeg so I say wear it of you've got it.;-)
* Yes, I am a loooong time lurker who finally got the the gumption to post!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not up to me as I am not the wearer.

However, personally, I would not mix yellow and white colour metals (I only wear white metals), and do not like the gaps between the two rings.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with the consensus so far - most importantly, wear what makes YOU happy as life’s too short to worry about what others think in situations like this.

I love mixed metals and love a gap (I didn’t years ago but it’s grown on me, which is just as well as my big knuckles mean my rings are sized so that they will always have a gap) but I’m not keen on the 2 rings together, although I love both independently (especially your 3 stone!).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful rings but I feel like they just don't work together for some reason...I think the band takes away a little from your ering. And there just doesn't seem to be enough room on your finger. I think a thinner band like Niel has in her avatar would be more complimentary. That would be my personal preference anyway. BUT I'm not the wearer and if you like the look you should wear and enjoy it.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I appreciate everyone's input, really! I guess my need to question just says it all. I agree with luv2sparkle's suggestion of a pave band...u am looking into it! Thanks everyone!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Not together IMO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should wear what you like. To echo what mostly what every one else said; I like both rings but personally wouldn't wear them together.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful rings..but I feel the styles are too different...I also feel that the bottom prong could get damaged from rubbing on one of the diamonds on your band. I think a plain thin YG band with a touch of milgrain would go so nicely with your beautiful ring..
I’m editing this to say I will have the same issue. I’m getting a ring made where I will have a gap. I personally love a gap but not sure how it will look with the band I intend to wear it with.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both awesomely beautuful rings
i get you wanting to wear them together
i don't mind mixing metals
and its all about what looks pretty to you
But Im not keen on the gap
And i coukd be talking out of a hole in my heat but would a thin plain spacer band fit in snug under/between them ?

P

Petalouda

I personally like it. I’m a huge fan of not being perfectly matched though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should wear what you like. To echo what mostly what every one else said; I like both rings but personally wouldn't wear them together.

This.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind the gap, but I think in this case the mixed metals don't quite work together... if they were both yellow gold it would be awesome.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both rings independently, but I think I would pair a different band with your three stone... and I love a gap! I would do a thin band with black rhodium plating!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe wear it on some days. I’m not a fan but then again, when I’m not doing anything special I play around with my bands.

L

lydial

I like them together but not the way the oval invades your knuckle. I personally would wear this on those skinny finger days we all have occasionally....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results