shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Is this Round Diamond OK??

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by ldkhanh151, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldkhanh151
    Rough_Rock

by ldkhanh151 » Oct 3, 2004
    Hello All,

I am a new member of this web. I am also a beginner to diamond. I found this diamond @ Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Can you all give me some suggestions/comments???

Shape: Signature Round
    Lab: AGS

Carat: 1.037
    Color: F
    Clarity: SI1
    Depth: 60.6%
    Table: 57%
    Girdle: 0.9-2.1

Measurements: 6.53x6.57x3.97
    Polish: Ideal
    Symmetry: Ideal
    Culet: Pointed
    Fluorescence: None

Crown Angle: 34
    Crown %: 14.5
    Pavillion Angle: 40.7
    Pavillion %: 42.7

PRICE: $6,081

Thank you for your advice

2. icelady
    Brilliant_Rock

by icelady » Oct 3, 2004
    Hi ldkhanh151,

Welcome to PS!![​IMG]

The diamond you found looks like it came from one of the vendors on this forum and the price is a special PS price.[​IMG]

I put the diamond stats through the "Holloway Cut Advisor (there is a link at the bottom of the page) and it scored an over all .8 which is excellent. It also scored the following; EX-light return, EX-fire, EX-scintillation, and VG-spread. This appears to be a beauty by the numbers, but let your eyes be the final judge. Also, you will want to check to make sure that the SI1 inclusion is "eye clean" and does not pose a problem to the integrity of the stone.

Just a word of caution, if you have your eye on a diamond you may want to put it on hold before bringing it up for discussion, as there may be lots of others looking as well. Someone could snap it up before you get to it![​IMG]

3. ldkhanh151
    Rough_Rock

by ldkhanh151 » Oct 3, 2004
    Thank You Icelady!!!

Yes, I did a search of this stone via pricescope.com and use one of the calculator to see if this stone is a good one. The result comes out GREAT! However, I am a diamond amateur; therefore, I post this up in the forum for more comments/suggestions.

1 more question for you. What do you mean by checking for "eye clean"???

4. icelady
    Brilliant_Rock

by icelady » Oct 3, 2004
    Hi ldkhanh151,

Eye clean means that you cannot see the inclusions with the naked eye. The vendor that has this stone listed should be able to help you with this, just give them a call! Happy hunting![​IMG]

5. quaeritur
    Brilliant_Rock

by quaeritur » Oct 3, 2004
    Looks fantastic!!![​IMG] Good job![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.