shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this MMD too warm for 18k Rose Gold?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I can tell / have read on here, MMDs currently seem to have more of a brown undertone than a yellow undertone.

Whether this is good/bad/of no consequence will depend on personal preference :)

I think the stone above looks like it has a nice facet patterning for a non-Opulence oval :)) and seems to not have any bow-tie, which is always a bonus, lol.

I think it is hard to know how it will look in a RG setting without having it in hand or having pictures taken. Perhaps the vendor might be able to take a photo of it in/next to a RG setting to help your decision?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think having the vendor put next to rose gold is a good idea. Are you getting the setting the same place or just the stone? I'd you are just getting the stone and setting elsewhere, you can take the stone and put it next to other metals to see how it looks. I don't see a bowtie either, for what it is worth.

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
From what I can tell / have read on here, MMDs currently seem to have more of a brown undertone than a yellow undertone.

Whether this is good/bad/of no consequence will depend on personal preference :)

I think the stone above looks like it has a nice facet patterning for a non-Opulence oval :)) and seems to not have any bow-tie, which is always a bonus, lol.

I think it is hard to know how it will look in a RG setting without having it in hand or having pictures taken. Perhaps the vendor might be able to take a photo of it in/next to a RG setting to help your decision?

I like that idea! I’ll shoot them a messsge now. I don’t mind a bit of warmth coming through personally, I just didn’t want it to look too warm. :razz: Definitely being a bit nit-picky.

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
I think having the vendor put next to rose gold is a good idea. Are you getting the setting the same place or just the stone? I'd you are just getting the stone and setting elsewhere, you can take the stone and put it next to other metals to see how it looks. I don't see a bowtie either, for what it is worth.
I’m getting it set locally, but as I’m pretty set on rose gold I’d like to avoid needing to return it if possible - importing stuff to Australia sucks. D:
I’ll definitely ask the vendor to take a picture next to rose gold. Thank you!

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
Vendor just got back to me - the stone isn’t in their possession currently, but they said they’re happy to ship it to the workshop first for vetting and then can send me videos etc. with the rose gold.
So a happy compromise! I might bite the bullet and then have the vendor return it if I’m not happy.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look pretty in rose gold. :kiss2: i hope the vetting turns out to your satisfaction. :)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the combo of rose gold with the slightly brown/pink tinted diamonds! I think it would be lovely.

:appl:

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
I didn’t end up with the original stone I posted about, but here’s a link to Jonathan’s analysis of the one I did choose!
I’m thrilled to pieces and can’t wait for it to arrive!

shicara

Rough_Rock
I didn’t end up with the original stone I posted about, but here’s a link to Jonathan’s analysis of the one I did choose!
I’m thrilled to pieces and can’t wait for it to arrive!

Its amazing!!! May i ask, did you source it from Jonathan himself?

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
Its amazing!!! May i ask, did you source it from Jonathan himself?
I saw the stone on the August Vintage site, but it didn’t have any pictures or video attached so I reached out to him for more info. I originally only intended to ask him about the colour, so I was blown away at how thorough and involved he was in the process - very thankful for that.
Jonathan did mention that he’s able to source more than what’s on the website, so it would definitely pay off to ask if nothing grabs your eye immediately - I think he offers the diamond concierge service for this very reason!

shicara

Rough_Rock
I saw the stone on the August Vintage site, but it didn’t have any pictures or video attached so I reached out to him for more info. I originally only intended to ask him about the colour, so I was blown away at how thorough and involved he was in the process - very thankful for that.
Jonathan did mention that he’s able to source more than what’s on the website, so it would definitely pay off to ask if nothing grabs your eye immediately - I think he offers the diamond concierge service for this very reason!

it truly is breath taking!! I do hope we see the finished piece also :love:

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
FABULOUS! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your finished masterpiece!

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
I finally picked up my ring from my jeweller! Here it is folks, Rhino’s 2.61ct K VS1 Oval MMD, set in simple 18kt Rose with dainty double-claws!
1.6mm band and size 5.5 finger for reference.
Absolutely thrilled with how it came out! :love:

BD659640-2D93-4FAC-AFEC-9BF0BEE48F6F.jpeg
2F983207-83B5-489F-9481-74827A9EE287.jpeg
A66CAA21-EE80-44F5-B97B-B2FDEB2F0D55.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! That looks super-classy :))

I love the simplicity and delicateness of the band, and I would never have guessed that is a K, not even from the side view! :)

M

Marriedbuteloped

This looks absolutely stunning...and I am not even into rose gold or ovals! I think I need to change my ring again! :)

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words! I stil can’t get over how fantastically it all came together.
I would never have guessed that is a K, not even from the side view! :)

I know, right?! I’m not particularly colour sensitive, but I was so surprised by how white it is! Definitely a testament to Rhino’s keen eye for stones!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I was going to say that I saw a tiny bit of blush colour in the original stone that would look beautiful in rose gold...but this stone looks fantastic in rose gold too!

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
F9E34AAC-B142-416B-95D0-880159965428.jpeg Beautiful! It’s so lovely on your hand. If you don’t mind, may I copy your setting for my oval also? We must have sister stones . Especially love your claw prongs. Hate my blobs.

matchalatte

Rough_Rock
F9E34AAC-B142-416B-95D0-880159965428.jpeg If you don’t mind, may I copy your setting for my oval also.
Go for it! I think prongs similar to mine would be to die for with your stone!:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results