shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this done?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nir

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My girl and I were talking about diamond rings, and I mentioned that I once heard that some people that purchase expensive rare rings, have imitation look alikes made as well, and they ware the imitations while put the real thing in a safe to eliminate risks. Is this a myth, or has anyone heard of such as well...?

Thanks in advance,
NIR

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Yes , some people do this. I have clients that have imitation look alikes made as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some people skip the first step and just have fakes to wear.

That is likely far more common than having a "real" one tucked away some place.

Honestly I look at jewelry like I do guns if your not going to use them and enjoy them what’s the point in having them?
I guess im just not the type to have things for the sake of having things if I cant enjoy them.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/19/2004 9:03:47 AM strmrdr wrote:

Some Honestly I look at jewelry like I do guns if your not going to use them and enjoy them what’s the point in having them?
I guess im just not the type to have things for the sake of having things if I cant enjoy them.
----------------

You have to admit that there are certain occasions (I am thinking beach vacations to the Caribbean and snorkeling) when my wedding set is just not practical. It might be kind of neat to have look-alikes that I don't have to worry about losing in the ocean or to an islander somewhere. Now I just leave them home in my safe deposit box, just as I leave my guns at home locked in the gun safe. Doesn't mean I don't use and appreciate them, but sometimes they are not practical to have along.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
jackieblue,

I agree with you that under those conditions it would be kinda nice.
That is a little different situation because you normaly wear the "real" set.
That said wouldnt a simple gold band for those type of vacations be more practical? :}

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
If I had the money for an expensive ring I would wear it at times where I felt I would be safer, but being a worry wart, I wouldn't wear it around everywhere...I live in NYC, so it's not that practical to be so flashy, but going out, it would be great. Plus if I had the money, I'd get the ring in cheaper version and various colors! The more merrier!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results