shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soames

Rough_Rock
I am relatively new to this site and have found it such a fantastic source of information; I wish I had discovered it a long time ago! Nonetheless I am hoping that someone out there with more knowledge than me might be able to offer some advice. I am searching for a H&A square cushion. I understand the importance of color and clarity but equally so appreciate that cut is perhaps most likely to affect the way the diamond performs and at this stage my knowledge is not sufficient to know how the numbers, angles etc. will affect the performance. Here is a link to the stone I am considering:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7005

The stone is not an AGS ideal; will this matter to my untrained eye? How do the numbers and indeed the pictures of this stone look? Size and price wise it is exactly where I want to be.

I have basic information for another stone that is of interest but somewhat over budget:

0.70 F VVS2 AGS ID ID ID N 71.8 56 5.00x5.00x3.59 - $3,128

Do you think it is worth looking into this one further? Could it be significantly better than the other to warrant paying approx $1000 more?

I would really appreciate some advice as it is all so confusing! Thanks for reading.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Idealscope and ASET image looks good. H is white enough for most people at that size and at VS1 clarity you will not, ever see anything with your naked eye so for all intent and purposes, other than grading, these 2 will almost look exactly the same assuming the other stone is also a square H&A. AGS do not grade all cuts in cut performance so this stone will not get an AGS0 in cut performance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 2:24:28 AM
Author:soames
I am relatively new to this site and have found it such a fantastic source of information; I wish I had discovered it a long time ago! Nonetheless I am hoping that someone out there with more knowledge than me might be able to offer some advice. I am searching for a H&A square cushion. I understand the importance of color and clarity but equally so appreciate that cut is perhaps most likely to affect the way the diamond performs and at this stage my knowledge is not sufficient to know how the numbers, angles etc. will affect the performance. Here is a link to the stone I am considering:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7005

The stone is not an AGS ideal; will this matter to my untrained eye? How do the numbers and indeed the pictures of this stone look? Size and price wise it is exactly where I want to be.

I have basic information for another stone that is of interest but somewhat over budget:

0.70 F VVS2 AGS ID ID ID N 71.8 56 5.00x5.00x3.59 - $3,128

Do you think it is worth looking into this one further? Could it be significantly better than the other to warrant paying approx $1000 more?

I would really appreciate some advice as it is all so confusing! Thanks for reading.

Hi Soames

The first diamond looks great and its very nice quality being H VS1, also it has an AGS Platinum report, can't tell for the second one without images so if you have those and could post them please, that would be helpful.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, didn''t notice the AGS Pt report, ya, if AGS grades it as AGS0 in cut performance it is AGS0 in cut performance.

soames

Rough_Rock
OK-thanks for your replies.

I also had not seen that the lab report was attached. I notice that the report says cut grade AGS ideal 0. So am I correct in assuming that it is basically the best I can get and I really can''t go wrong with this stone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 5:33:40 PM
Author: soames
OK-thanks for your replies.

I also had not seen that the lab report was attached. I notice that the report says cut grade AGS ideal 0. So am I correct in assuming that it is basically the best I can get and I really can''t go wrong with this stone?
AGS0 means the diamond received the top grade for optical performance but seeing the diamond in person is the best way to know if you will like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results