shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this black jade worth 1000?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I know nothing about black jade but I fell in love with the setting. I think the price is steep at 1000 but there may be wiggle room? Anyhow. Thoughts? It’s 18 k gold. Single cuts. 403ECDDF-E8BA-4E49-8FE6-06C96C3071B1.jpeg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it definitely black jade and not onyx or another stone?

Are the diamonds nice color and eye-clean?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it definitely black jade and not onyx or another stone?

Are the diamonds nice color and eye-clean?

Yes the diamonds are gorgeous. The seller claims it’s black jade. I wouldn’t even know how to confirm that tho since I didn’t know much about black jade. Is black jade valuable?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the diamonds are high quality and you love the ring, then I do think $1K is reasonable even if just for the setting.

I believe black jade is more expensive than onyx, but based on the ring design I guess I would have expected the stone to be onyx rather than black jade...

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I would get a cert or other proof that confirms black jade before buying. So easy to confuse with onyx or black agate.

jleb

Rough_Rock
Trade
So I know nothing about black jade but I fell in love with the setting. I think the price is steep at 1000 but there may be wiggle room? Anyhow. Thoughts? It’s 18 k gold. Single cuts. 403ECDDF-E8BA-4E49-8FE6-06C96C3071B1.jpeg

The most temperature sensitive area of the body is between the base of the nose and the upper lip. Place the stone touching there If it is jade it will be cool and stay cool to the touch. If not it will begin to warm up. I usually count to thirty. This is a good field test you can try on a piece of jade.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I believe you are paying for the setting rather than the jade.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! I’m no expert but I’m inclined to say onyx, that’s just a guess but whatever it is, it’s fabulous!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What diamond 4C is most important?
    What diamond 4C is most important? - 12/06
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged! - 12/03
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01