shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a style you like?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if this kind of post is allowed- but my friend is proposing soon. His gf wants a surprise, white metal, halo, 1ct+ centre, and some kind of floral vibe. Not into super thin bands. My friend found these two styles. It’s important to his gf that he is part of the process and picks a style that means something to him (otherwise I might say they should pick it together). He’s having trouble deciding between the two. Which do you like better? I’m trying to help him but I dunno, they both look good to me!

a) https://www.cjldiamonds.ca/Stuller-Engagement-Rings/Ever-and-Ever-/122064/44696721/EN

B) https://www.overnightmountings.com/engagement-rings-halo-round-49906.html

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the Stuller one as well, but neither of these settings really gives me "floral vibes".... not how I would interpret "floral" anyway.

Any ideas for my friend? I don’t think he wants flower rings, more of a subtle petal vibe

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I’m just going to be honest here and say that I don‘t care for either style. If I had to choose it would be the first but I think the look is just way too chunky. Don’t forget that a wedding ring needs to be added which will take up both visual and physical space on the finger. I think the comment of “not into super thin bands” has been taken to the other extreme.

as per earlier comments we can happily assist if we know what the budget is for the setting. Has the centre diamond already been purchased?

aisa901

Rough_Rock
Any ideas for my friend? I don’t think he wants flower rings, more of a subtle petal vibe

Just looking, this site seems to have a good selection of floral designs, since she wants a halo, something like the "Bloom" might work:

Or, this one doesn't have a halo, but maybe one could be incorporated:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just spitballing here..The 3rd option is kind of a fun twist. Pop the question with the band, then shop for a main ring together. But really neither of the 2 posted in the original post above look floral at all to me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also james Allen has these if he is open to buying from them

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock

This one is similar to the first option but I think more refined.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the Stuller Halo (#a) -- very pretty -- and personally I do pick up a botanical/floral vibe with the three-palm-leaf-ish shoulders

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one from Stuller

And this one

I don't know if those bands are thinner than she would want but they will probably accommodate a wedding band nicely.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I read the first one as floral, but I also read it as (in the words of the incomparable Tim Gunn) "a lot of look."

I think floral details can be done really delicately and it doesn't have to be "I'm wearing a flower made of diamonds" to read floral.

eg noam carver makes a plain shank with a little flower on each side. Noam Carver actually does a lot of rings with what I would call "modern floral" details: https://www.noamcarver.com/details.asp?SKU=B260-01WM-100A 1635081710157.png

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you have many good suggestions that have both floral vibe elements and also a halo like those original options!

I'm just commenting on some nice options that I think might work well - both a floral vibe look and practical reasons.

Those options that look a bit more rounded seem like a good idea because I believe it is a less likely to catch/snag on other material in day-to-day wear.

This one is really pretty and embodies the floral vibe the most to my eyes:

Both of these look like really good options too that has the floral vibe and balanced with a more classic band if you friend likes a halo and doesn't want it to be too flowery (I'm guessing based on the initial options posted):

I don't know if those bands are thinner than she would want but they will probably accommodate a wedding band nicely.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the two he picked the Stuller appeals more. It seems more modern while the overnight looks more vintage.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I think the Blue Nile option is a great one. And being able to get the stone from them is a plus.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results