color
clarity

Is This A Nice Stone?

Paris1Day

Rough_Rock

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any WF ACA is an amazing choice and you do not need to run the numbers through the HCA because AGS grades for light performance and all stones are in house and vetted by WF themselves. Any particular reason for such high color and clarity?

Paris1Day

Rough_Rock
ac117- no particular reason I just would like it to be sparkly. I am a novice and have honestly exhausted myself with research over the past few weeks. I am looking for around .65 to .75 size wise to be set into this http://stevenkirsch.com/gallery/dahlia-r-0215/
Is it true that the vvs is an overkill? Could I have a beautiful sparkly stone within SI range? and of course save myself some money.
I would prefer it to be in the colourless range but don't know what to sacrifice one or other to get a great stone at a great price.
I am unable to view this in person so how will I know if it is eye-clean good enough for me.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond you've chosen will be stunning. You won't be disappointed. Perhaps you could go down in clarity and colour and still get a marvellous stone BUT you will have to search and maybe take a punt. The problem you have, being in Australia, is you can't order a stone and check it over before deciding "not right" and returning it and viewing another. My personal view is, I would go down in colour and in clarity for a bigger stone for my money, but I'm not "colour sensitive" in fact I prefer a warmer colour, and I'm not stressed over tiny imperfections, but that's me. If you are worried about "seeing imperfections" or "it looking yellowish" stick with what you've chosen. Congratulations in any regard, your diamond ring will be drop dead gorgeous.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are paying premium to buy from a vendor that is very well respected exactly so you that can expect the best cut and to have a thorough inspection of the diamond. They have a definition of eye clean on their website which is very reasonable. If you want to examine the diamond even closer, you can discuss with them cheaper SI1 stones and emphasise you want it eye clean at very close range from the top and side they will tell you honestly if it is or not. I see no reason to get a vvs stone if eye clean is all you're worried about, if you're buying from a highly reputable vendor like WF, even if you're in Australia.

Colour wise, the near colourless range, particularly in very well cut stones are perfectly white appearing. Most people cannot notice tint in an H and a G is a very safe bet. Don't take my word for it, go look at some E,F,G,H stones at your local store (gia / ags) graded and see if you can notice a significant difference in different lightning conditions. If you do then stick to colourless but you may realise the difference is more subtle than you thought.

I think you would probably be just as happy with a G/Si1 (si range is much more likely to be eye clean at 0.6 carat than at 2 carat for example) and you can save nearly a $1000. Even an F with lower clarity would still save you a lot.

If you're uncomfortable going to SI a vs2 would certainly suffice to be safe with WF approval.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3711801.htm this is an example of what I mean.
Sometimes vvs2 stones are similarly priced as lower clarity, at which point there isn't anything reason not to buy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can push it a couple of hundred of dollars I would go with this
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3365320.htm

G should be very white (unless you are color sensitive). If you go to look at different stones, make sure you look at only Ideal cut
stones or you may see more color in them. Do not compare them side by side. Look at them individually to see if the color bothers
you. Whiteflash ACAs are some of the best cut stones out there so a G will face up very white. You can gain more size by dropping
down to an eye-clean G colored stone.

Here are some images of Whiteflash Gcolored stones in halos...You can go look at their Engagement ring pages and look at their
already bought rings down at the bottom of each engagement ring page. They give the color of the stones so you can see some G/H colored stones.

g_in_halo_1.jpg

g_in_halo_2.jpg

g_in_halo_3.jpg

Paris1Day

Rough_Rock
tyty333- I do wish I could view the stones in person but I'm in Australia and literally giving up my control and hoping that PS'ers will be my eyes. I really like the look of that Simon G ring actually! Is there a test to see how colour sensitive a person is or anything I can read or see on here. Sometimes when I look at others stones online I think to myself hmm I see yellowish so I have questioned myself about that already. Can you send me the link to view it please?

diamondseeker2006- I've been secretly waiting for you to chime in to help :D That stone is nice!

I will just come out and say straight up so then you "get me" and know what I am looking for in my long awaited e-ring. Massive procrastinator/change my mind way too often/overkill on research probably led to overwhelming feeling/anxious about buying something I haven't seen and letting strangers be the ultimate decider for me.......
I was afraid of going outside the Colourless range, because it would mean that I and others would notice my stone with a yellow tinge. After visiting some stores viewing without any magnification and under their white lights- I have realised that looking at a stone from half an arms length away I could not tell that a stone was an top of the range cut down to an SI1. However when you look through the loupe which I'm not too sure what it was I assume a 10x? then yes I could see some little imperfections. Then again I am far from a professional but I have done some thorough research.

I get so caught up in my mind when I view the reports and the aset/idealscope images etc seeing the imperfections and then assume that it will be cloudy or dull in that area.
Questions:
For instance if the imperfection is on the table area- am I going to notice it not so sparkly when I look at it compared to it being out near the egdes??

Do you think it is only because those images are blown up so big that I cannot get my 'mind' off thinking about the imperfections and wondering if it will give me the sparkle when in reality in the sunlight nobody including me is even going to notice?

What imperfections are the most desirable to least? (obviously none but I'm not a rich celebrity lol)

Also is Simon G ring an option over a ring from VC or SK? I love either a single or double halo or even double edged halo (remember how I said can't make up my mind!) What kind of difference in price would they be to each do you think? Am I going to get a better quality ring that will last longer from one or the other perhaps??

All I know is I want that e-ring baby to sparkle in the sunshine so everyone assumes I paid a million for it when I didn't hahaa :o :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the link to the Simon G split shank double halo...pretty ring. I would rather have a Steven Kirsch but my first priority would
be a stone of a certain size. If I could not afford a sizeable stone and the SK I would drop the SK setting and go with a less expensive
setting. The Simon G will be less expensive then an SK so you may be able to afford a larger stone. I'm not sure what your budget
is.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/simon-g-mr2459-passion-diamond-engagement-ring-3446.htm

I get so caught up in my mind when I view the reports and the aset/idealscope images etc seeing the imperfections and then assume that it will be cloudy or dull in that area.
Whiteflash ACAs will never be dull or cloudy or they would not earn the ACA title.
Questions:
For instance if the imperfection is on the table area- am I going to notice it not so sparkly when I look at it compared to it being out near the egdes??
The cut of a stone creates the sparkle. You will not notice it being any less sparkly but you make see a little black dot or perhaps
a whitish area depending on the inclusion (I'm referring to ACAs only). Both the stone I posted and the one Diamondseeker posted look very clean and are deemed eye-clean by Whiteflash.
You can email/chat them and tell them your concerns (you live in Australia and you need eye-clean). You can ask them if the stones are eye-clean from very up-close and see what they have to say.

Do you think it is only because those images are blown up so big that I cannot get my 'mind' off thinking about the imperfections and wondering if it will give me the sparkle when in reality in the sunlight nobody including me is even going to notice?
Yes, at regular size nobody (even you) will probably be able to see the inclusions in the stones we have posted. Talk to Whiteflash and let them reassure you on how "eye-clean" they are and whether the sparkle is affected. They want you to be happy with your
stone so they will be honest with you. If the stone you inquire about has visible inclusions they will tell you and help you pick
out one that will better suit your needs. The folks at Whiteflash are very nice and very helpful! I wish you could talk to them in
person but in this case I guess email/chat will have to do.

What imperfections are the most desirable to least You know it really depends. Thats not an easy to answer question because not
only is it the type of inclusion it is also the number of those inclusions that affect the clarity. So 1 twinning wisp would be great to
have but lots of twinning wisp could cause the stone to be cloudy so no really easy answer.
? (obviously none but I'm not a rich celebrity lol)

Here is a picture that shows the relative color difference face up between a D, H and an L colored stone. ACAs usually face up
really white...in lower colors like J and lower you can usually see some tint from the side. Remember ACAs are graded to be
AGS000 which means they have Ideal Light Performance, Ideal Polish and Ideal Symmetry. There is a lot of good information on the
Whiteflash site. Try to read through it if you can.

Read about ACAs here
http://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/

Read about ACA colors here
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/ags-laboratory-color-grading-of-diamonds-1249.htm

face_up_dhl.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results