shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a H&A diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buffalojeep

Rough_Rock
Well I settled on a diamond and purchased one from Blue Nile. It is an ideal cut (AGS Ideal 0) with table - 55%, depth - 61.4%, crown 34.2 deg and pavillion 40.9 deg.

I wasn''t specifically looking for a H&A, but noticed on the certificate that the diamond has a laser inscribed with the serial number and "H&A". Does the fact that H&A is on it mean that it is a H&A diamond?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2005 10:17:44 PM
Author:buffalojeep
Well I settled on a diamond and purchased one from Blue Nile. It is an ideal cut (AGS Ideal 0) with table - 55%, depth - 61.4%, crown 34.2 deg and pavillion 40.9 deg.

I wasn''t specifically looking for a H&A, but noticed on the certificate that the diamond has a laser inscribed with the serial number and ''H&A''. Does the fact that H&A is on it mean that it is a H&A diamond?
no,AGS does not assign a grade for H&A,you can have anything inscribed on the girdle.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Those proportions sound nice. As for H&A - As DF said, there are no official criteria. If Blue Nile is selling it as H&A that means it meets their standards. Here is some info.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, a unscrupilus* vendor could have ''This is a perfect Diamond'' inscribed on the Girdle, and a Lab like AGS would remark on it being on inscribed. and on this basis they are not confirming anything other than such is inscribed.

*not saying Blue Nile is thus... more A N Other vendor could do such a thing

JC

Shiny_Rock
Buffalojeep,

See if you can get some "H&A" photos of the diamond. That should let you know for sure if the diamond possesses those clean clear crisp "H&A" patterns.

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results