shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price?

Kprecis

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - I have some heirloom diamonds that I'm getting reset for an engagement ring and hope you all can help me understand if this is a good price. I'm not very familiar with the world of jeweler/diamonds so I'll do my best to describe the ring!

• Overall, the ring will be a 3-stone setting with graduated fishtale diamonds halfway around the band
    We are supplying all diamonds but one - a .17 carat stone
    The band will be rose gold and the top/prongs will be white gold
    Ring size - 7
    For stone size - the center stone will be .3 carats. The other two stones on th etop will be .17 carats (again, one that we'll purchase, the rest we are providing).
    Smaller stones will cover half of the band, getting progressively smaller until they're just small chips on the sides. We are providing all of these.
    The jeweler will be removing all of our stones from their current rings (3 source rings in total), creating the new setting, and setting the stones
We were quoted $1,750. Does this sound reasonable?

Thank you all for your help! This is all so new to me so I don't want to make any big mistakes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you are saving much money over having the ring made without using your stones other than the .3 and the .17. There's labor in unsetting and resetting the little diamonds. I'd want to be sure they are well cut and well matched since they are coming from multiple pieces.

Kprecis

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your help! The rings are each sentimental (one from my mom, one from FI's mom, and one from my grandmother), so having the stones reset is important to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results