shape
carat
color
clarity

Is This a Good Price and A Good Stone

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Hi i am hoping that you can tell me if this is a good diamond and also a good price?

Thanks in advance

The specs are

Carat 0.63
Colour G
Clarity VS2
Cut Excellent
Clarity Characteristics Crystal
Polish Excellent
Symmertry Very good
Fluorescene None

And on the HCA it Scores a 1.1 TIC

Price is £1917 or $3113

If you need any other specs please let me know.

I am wanting to put this on to a platinium twist shoulder set ring.

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Bump

Anyone please?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Can u get an idealscope image? Who graded the diamond? And do you have the table, depth, crown, and pavillion angles?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
From a quick search it seems overpriced. You can do a pricescope diamond search by entering in your Information in the search criteria and see what you co.e up with.

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Hi

Many thanks for the reply below are the other specs. sorry no pic. and is GIA rated

The price you say is possibly overpriced at $3113 that is inc all taxes. as i am in the uk i have had a look at the pricescope prices but to find a good one on the HCA it does seem to be arround the $2800 but once you add tax and shipping my end it comes close to the $3113 i am looking at paying. And not sure if the price shown on places like james allen are inc taxes.

Depth: 61.3%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 33.5°
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star Length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)
Culet: None

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I was comparing prices to James Allen, I know that if you lived in the US and outside of NY then tax would not be applied. I'm not sure how international tax and shipping work. After I posted I saw a few more in your specs that were much closer to the price that you would be paying, but they were HA stones. It's don't think that it's grossly overpriced, a few hundred dollars perhaps, but if your price includes tax and you don't have additional shipping charges then you are probably were you should be with cost. It looks like a nice stone. :)) It should perform well. Have you consider how you will set it?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Many thanks once again, makes me a little happier.

Sorry what are HA stones? and are these better/more valuable?

So the ones on james allen are they inc of tax?

this is teh company i will be using and its another £950=$1542 to get it set in this style

How do you think it will perform?

http://www.stevenstone.co.uk/ring-display.php?setting=246

Thanks

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, HA means hearts and arrows. It essentially means that the diamond is perfectly symmetrical. The stone would display a perfect hearts and arrows pattern. There is disagreement on whether or not an HA stone is worth the premium that you pay for it, and it certainly doesn't mean that it will make the stone perform better than a stone that is ideally cut, but if you were to decide to upgrade your stone in the future and sold on the secondhand market, I believe that you would catch a better price for the HA. maybe. It's simply a type of branded stone...not necessarily better than the one that you chose, but some will only consider stones that are HA like some would only consider Tiffany or Cartier. :))

I love your setting and I think that your diamond will look beautiful in it. The prongs remind me of my moms original engagement ring, very unique!

You would not be charged tax for the stones if you purchased through James Allen. I'll check to see what there internationally shipping charge is though. You may have to pay taxes for the diamond to your country though. I'm not sure how that works, but there are many PSer in your area, you could start a new thread asking about paying duties and taxes when shipping a stone outside the US, or if you contact James Allen directly I think they would be able to tell you as well.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
There is a tax and shipping calculator at the bottom of James Allens site. If you made a $3000. US purchase then the conversion would look like this....

1844.40 GBD
387.00 GBD duty
2231.00 GBD total

edit: corrected the cost of duty.

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that.

So if you take in to account the taxes that I would have to pay to get them to the uk, and looked at a total price of the diamond taxes and shipping, would you say that it is a average price. Not great but ok.

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Hi

I have now found this one a little cheaper just wanted to know what the main difference is to my first diamond? and is this better value for money?

Carat 0.63
Colour G
Clarity VS2
Cut Excellent
Clarity Characteristics Crystal
Polish Very good
Symmertry Very good
Fluorescene None
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (4.0%)
Culet: None

This scores 0.8 on the HCA and the only difference is polish is very good rather than excellent and price is $2699 rather than $3113

Am i missing something or is this good value for money?

slacky555

Rough_Rock
Bump

Anyone please?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
it could have something to do with the fact that the first stone has a polish/symmetry of Excellent/VG, whereas the second one has both listed as VG/VG. You might also check the spread (physical diameter) of the stone to see what difference there may be rather than buying strictly by the weight. There's a conversion chart somewhere that can tell you what typical diameter for weight you should be seeing. If you can possibly get an idealscope image of the stones you are looking at, those will show you how the light return is going to be on the stone.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mm-to-carat-stone-conversion-chart.17578/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mm-to-carat-stone-conversion-chart.17578/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results