shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a Good Looking Diamond? ASET, Idealscope Attached

Travelist

Rough_Rock
I've got these images from BGD. It's a 1.74 Carat, F Color, VS2 Diamond. Could you provide your opinions on this diamond?

Here are the SARIN specs:

61.7%
56.7%
35.0% (34.7 - 35.3%)
40.7% (40.3 - 41.0%)

Looks like the GIA specs are off. GIA mentions that it's 1.76 Carats, 61.6%, 56.0%, 34.5%, 40.8%

DI_GIA2126245047.jpg

IDS_GIA2126245047.jpg

ASET_GIA2126245047.jpg

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Is this a Good Looking Diamond? ASET, Idealscope Attache

Looks good!

ETA: What did Brian have to say about the stone?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

it looks great. there is some variability with sarin machines.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I skipped past the information and looked at the images first and it looks fantastic. What do the Gavin's say?

Travelist

Rough_Rock

Here's what I heard back: "Brian has confirmed that the diamond is very brilliant and very bright with excellent light return. It's a truly beautiful diamond!"

I might have found the one I've been looking for. Looking to set it in the BGD Double Band Setting in platinum.

Travelist

Rough_Rock

I spoke to Brian directly earlier today. He said that on a price per carat basis, this diamond provides excellent value. When I asked about the clarity and whether there were anything noticeable on the face, he said that there wasn't anything noticeable unless you look at the diamond under magnification. He mentioned that this diamond wasn't a heart and arrows diamond, that it only had hearts, but not arrows (could have been vice-versa though), but that it was a very brilliant diamond with excellent light return.

It seems that BGD doesn't offer complimentary cleaning/polishing for the diamond which is disappointing, but I do like the diamond and am leaning towards making the plunge.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Travelist|1320013579|3050596 said:
I spoke to Brian directly earlier today. He said that on a price per carat basis, this diamond provides excellent value. When I asked about the clarity and whether there were anything noticeable on the face, he said that there wasn't anything noticeable unless you look at the diamond under magnification. He mentioned that this diamond wasn't a heart and arrows diamond, that it only had hearts, but not arrows (could have been vice-versa though), but that it was a very brilliant diamond with excellent light return.

It seems that BGD doesn't offer complimentary cleaning/polishing for the diamond which is disappointing, but I do like the diamond and am leaning towards making the plunge.

are you local to BGD? sending the setting back for polishing would be $$, you should be able to find a local jeweler who can polish the setting for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results