shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a Good Diamond? 1.52CT F SI1- more details inside!

Goat

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I live in NYC and have spent most of my weekends secretly visiting all the local shops and finally ended up here :loopy:

Cutting to the chase, can you guys give me some opinions on this diamond?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1379920.asp

It scored 0.9 on the HCA.

My primary concern is that the flaw in the middle is visible to the naked eye. I e-mailed JA and they confirmed that it was "eye clean" which meant (I did not know) viewing it face up from 8 to 10 inches. I asked for an idealscope image but they have not replied back.

The diamond and ring are sitting in the checkout cart and I am itching to buy!

Thanks!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Is this a Good Diamond? 1.52CT F SI1- more details insid

I'm going to be honest. That spot would bother me. Unless you KNOW it won't bother your future wife, I'd keep looking. What's your budget? I might prefer to go to a G/VS2 to ensure eye cleanliness. Here's one that looks nice:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1396323.asp

I'll see what else I can find. Be back soon! ;-)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

my SI1 from JA has quite few dark dots on the virtual loupe but they told me it's eye clean and when I got the diamond it is very eye clean, I can't see anything with my naked eye..

Goat

Rough_Rock

Hey MinMin- your experience sounds very promising. I heard that some people get fixated with the flaws once they see it.

Thanks for the suggestions Yenny. The 1.5 GS2 from JA scored a 2.6 on the HCA and is $3k more expensive than the one I am considering. I must say it does look cleaner. Also the one from goodoldgold looks yellowish and has medium fluorescence. I heard that anything more than faint is not good. is that true?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

I'd trust them if it said it is eye clean.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

I just received my I color SI1 from JA and it is white, sparkly, and I cannot see anything from any angle. Love it :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Goat|1314998472|3008600 said:
Hey MinMin- your experience sounds very promising. I heard that some people get fixated with the flaws once they see it.

Thanks for the suggestions Yenny. The 1.5 GS2 from JA scored a 2.6 on the HCA and is $3k more expensive than the one I am considering. I must say it does look cleaner. Also the one from goodoldgold looks yellowish and has medium fluorescence. I heard that anything more than faint is not good. is that true?
No, that is not true. Where did you hear that?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

you could always order it unset and check it out to see if the inclusion bothers you?

or you could go smaller or lower color and bump up to VS2 if that is more mind-clean for you.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Goat,

I didn't run the stone through the HCA, so I'm glad that you did. It's definitely not a contender. Flour. in a stone *can* effect performance, making it appear milky. However, you would see this when you looked at the stone. If the stone appears clear, then the flour isn't a factor. Flour. can actually make a lower colored stone appear white, so many people seek stones with some flour. in it. HTH!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

If they said it was eyeclean I would take them on their word-- if you get ut and it's not- then I would let them know and return. I think the atone looks nice. I live the colorless stones :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

G is not yellow, can't judge by the vendor photos.

Medium flour is not bad, likely you won't see it at all.

I have an eye clean SI1 with a table inclusion and I am *very* picky about inclusions. Might be worth ordering the F Si1 to see in person, it very well could be eye clean to your standards.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results