shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
http://applesofgold.com/RBER-1.html

just trying to find out your opinion on these ruby studs.

they are also on sale right now.. 15% and another 10% through christmas.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hihi nothing appear in your post:)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
sorry about that.. accidentally clicked enter before i was done! silly me
3.gif

here''s a clickable link:

studs

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The colour looks too brown for a good ruby and, since it is a stock photo, there is no knowing if what you get will look like that. I like the cut, though.

As a typical retailler, though, there is no information on the stone: no clarity or colour information, only a AA+ rating which has no meaning whatsoever. Furthermore, there is no information on treatment, which would lead me to immediately suspect flux healing or filling.

In other words, these earrings seem to be pretty much what you would find in any mall store.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 5:25:02 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
The colour looks too brown for a good ruby and, since it is a stock photo, there is no knowing if what you get will look like that. I like the cut, though.

As a typical retailler, though, there is no information on the stone: no clarity or colour information, only a AA+ rating which has no meaning whatsoever. Furthermore, there is no information on treatment, which would lead me to immediately suspect flux healing or filling.

In other words, these earrings seem to be pretty much what you would find in any mall store.
I cannot be more in agreement with Lady D. That is a stock picture, the ruby appears brownish and is most likely to be treated in some fashion. The A, AA and AAA ratings are not standardized and as such, any dealer/vendor can set their own criteria. Therefore, it has no meaning to consumers what each category means. That said, perhaps this is fine with you. In short, it''s not a really good deal.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much for the info. that''s kind of what i figured, but i just wanted to be sure. i''ve been juggling back and forth between ruby and diamond studs. i know enough about diamond studs to feel comfortable making a purchase, but at this point i feel i should probably do a little more research on rubies before i could ever feel comfortable purchasing them.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to find good rubies. I''d stay away from a place that is offering them in calibrated sizes because they are probably more like commercial quality. If you keep looking you''ll find some good stones especially if your looking for smaller ones ( I think that will be easier to find).
GL :)

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Based on just purchasing some untreated, natural blue sapphires studs in a similar size range, those prices seem far too low, and these are supposed to be rubies. Then again, the write-up says "natural", nothing about whether they''re been enhanced.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
delete

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Richard wise had the most beautiful rubies set as studs on his site. Very lovely, very expensive (and the stones deserved a nicer setting than the ones they were on, as well).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results