shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pirlanta

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I ran across this forum while doing research and I was hoping to get your opinion on a diamond. I think it looks good, but they all look good to me
1.gif
. The seller is asking $5100 for it. Do you think it is a good buy?

Round brilliant
.91 carat
F
VS1
cut: excellent
polish: very good
symmetry: very good

depth 60.3%
table 58%

Girdle: medium to slightly thick
cutlet: none
florescence: none

It also has the GIA laser inscription

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

It may be a nice make of diamond, can you post the crown and pavillion angles so we can properly evaluate the cut? We can't say much without those. We also need the diameter measurements, those should also be found on the grading report. Regarding pricing, it is fair to say that often the prices found in brick and mortar jewellers can be higher than online, so you can get an idea from the Pricescope your diamond tool above, but bear in mind these are online prices and may be lower.

pirlanta

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply.

The crown angle is 32.5% and the pavilion angle is 41%. The measurements are 6.29- 6.32 x 3.80 mm. I will check Pricescope. I did check blue nile and it was about $5500. My main concern is that I am making a foolish purchase. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2008 8:25:21 AM
Author: pirlanta
Thanks for the quick reply.

The crown angle is 32.5% and the pavilion angle is 41%. The measurements are 6.29- 6.32 x 3.80 mm. I will check Pricescope. I did check blue nile and it was about $5500. My main concern is that I am making a foolish purchase. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. It looks like a potentially good performing diamond, one which may certainly be worth considering if you want a well cut diamond which looks very attractive and not a superideal. Some prefer the top notch superideal cut diamonds which have the very best possible sparkle or optical performance, which are crafted to the strictest standards. Others like myself in fact, just want a nicely cut diamond which looks great, if this is the case, then the diamond you are considering may fit the bill. Ideally an Idealscope image and a Sarin report would be useful to confirm this diamond is a good proposition, if this diamond is with an online vendor, they may be able to provide this info if you ask. Or have you seen this diamond in person?

pirlanta

Rough_Rock
Like you, I want a nicely cut diamond that looks good. The reason I am nervous, is because we live in Turkey and it is difficult to find what we are looking for. The majority of places don''t carry F or G colored diamonds, most people here buy H-J.

The Jeweler e-mailed me the certificate and they are importing it this week. We are going to go see it on Wednesday night. Thanks again for your help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome and I hope it is what you are looking for.

One last piece of advice, check the diamond out if you can away from the jewellery store lights, to make sure it appeals to you in more '' real life'' conditions. Diamonds don''t sparkle all the time, but a well cut one should sparkle readily in most lights.

Let us know how you get on!
35.gif

pirlanta

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks for the advice. I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results