shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a better diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silverbimmer

Rough_Rock

Hello all,

It looked as I should start a new topic since no one respond to my last question in a previous topic:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-color-e-with-strong-blue-a-bad-choice.37884/....

What do you experts think about this diamond? How is the stone overall? And is the price fair? Thanks.

Derek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Carat weight: 1.09
- Cut: Ideal
- Color: E
- Clarity: VS2
- Depth %: 60.9%
- Table %: 57%
- Symmetry: Very good
- Polish: Excellent
- Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
- Culet: None
- Fluorescence: Medium blue
- Measurements: 6.60x6.64x4.03 mm
- Price: $7250 USD

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 11:52:10 AM
Author:silverbimmer

What do you experts think about this diamond? How is the stone overall? And is the price fair? Thanks.

Not being an expert as you say, I'd need to know more. or see it - which can't happen.

Sure you know what I'm talking about...
38.gif

If there is a claim for 'ideal cut', there should be some details to go with it. It does happen that the same label is given based on a load of detail for some stones cut as perfect as technology allows, as well as quasi random pickings from virtual lists. Hard to tell which is what without details.

For $500 more there's a D-VS2 on the lis (this) - the list price is $7700 and F-VS2 $7500 list price. If the cut of your pic is as nice, good for you.

And one more D-VS2 $7300 AGS... graded Ideal for proportions (the important part, IMO) and Ex-Ex finish (one step away from their 'Ideal'). Still better than no stats! Here it is: LINK

For the last one the stats are:

Carat weight: 1.01
Measurements: 6.45x6.51x3.93 mm
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 60.6%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium

Cut grading:
Proportions - AGS 'Ideal'
Crown angle: 34.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.4
HCA score: 0.5 (Excellent - top grade).

All in all - there is no note about H&A symmetry, but everything else sounds great. Given D color and extra info, better than the E-VS this thread started with. But... you do not have to agree, of course.

My 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results