shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Akasma

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

Is there such a thing as small (2.5 - 3 mm) asscher cut gemstones? I''m in love with this cut and want an eternity band of asscher cut sapphires or something similar. Everywhere I''ve looked either doesn''t offer the asscher cut or says it isn''t feasible to custom cut them due to the expense. I''ve checked out Whites Gems and TNSC.

Unfortunately my budget won''t allow for a diamond asscher eternity band, but it''s looking like it''s impossible to get a gemstone one
7.gif
Say it ain''t so!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/25/2008 3:05:58 PM
Author:Akasma
Hello everyone!

Is there such a thing as small (2.5 - 3 mm) asscher cut gemstones? I''m in love with this cut and want an eternity band of asscher cut sapphires or something similar. Everywhere I''ve looked either doesn''t offer the asscher cut or says it isn''t feasible to custom cut them due to the expense. I''ve checked out Whites Gems and TNSC.

Unfortunately my budget won''t allow for a diamond asscher eternity band, but it''s looking like it''s impossible to get a gemstone one
7.gif
Say it ain''t so!
True..., if you are on a budget..., it wont work unless you find someone who stocks them...
To cut small 2.5-3.0mm. colored gem Asscher cuts will cost you the same as Diamond Asschers as approx. 90% of the value is in the cutting labor!

For example: a 2.5-3.0mm is approx. 0.07 -(maybe) 0.10 ct...., Just cutting costs (by western standards) will run +/- $750 per carat before any material costs...

Sorry to break the bad news...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
contact Gary http://www.diamondexpert.com asap
He will be at the huge commercial gem-show in Tucson in feb and may be able too find some.

Akasma

Rough_Rock
DiaGem - Thank you for the information. It makes sense, I was just a bit naive going into this with just an idea. It''s a pity that commercially cut asschers are so hard to come by in gemstones. I may be showing my ignorance here, but are asschers much harder to cut than say a princess cut or a RB? Or is there just not as big a demand?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your post.

Akasma

Rough_Rock
strmdr - Done! Thank you so much for the tip!
9.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/25/2008 4:55:37 PM
Author: Akasma
DiaGem - Thank you for the information. It makes sense, I was just a bit naive going into this with just an idea. It''s a pity that commercially cut asschers are so hard to come by in gemstones. I may be showing my ignorance here, but are asschers much harder to cut than say a princess cut or a RB? Or is there just not as big a demand?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your post.
Not necessarily..., but they are more time consuming..., especially when RB''s and Princesses are mass produced in assembly-line like factories!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results