Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there are big difference between the diamond?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have links to these stones (put them on hold first). Please provide the links so we can see what the stones look like.

Are these computer generated? They dont look "normal" to me.

The second stone doesnt look like a stone we would recommend. I'm not quite sure what to think of the first one.

Calling a few experts at rounds @flyingpig @Karl_K

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the scan is poorly done, especially for the first ASET.

#1 may have more leakage than #2. The girdle id slightly dugout.

#2 may have less leakage. But the girdle is very painted.

What are the angles and table%? I expect #2 to have a steep/shallow combo

fatfat116

Rough_Rock
Do you have links to these stones (put them on hold first). Please provide the links so we can see what the stones look like.

The second stone doesnt look like a stone we would recommend. I'm not quite sure what to think of the first one.

Both are sold by blue nile.com. And the photos are provided by blue nile after I asked it.
I just thought the second one is perfect cuz it doesn’t have any white lackage....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just noticed the second stone - I expect GIA would have downgraded the cut to Very Good because the crown has been painted. As a consumer just avoid it because it will have reduced scintillation and bang bang beauty.

The images are fine - they are computer DiamCalc generated and more reliable than the varied backlighting real photos.

fatfat116

Rough_Rock

Can you provide us the BN links?

This will outperform 90% of diamonds on cut performance.
If you place the link here be sure to put a hold on it as someone will snap it up.

I just noticed the second stone - I expect GIA would have downgraded the cut to Very Good because the crown has been painted. As a consumer just avoid it because it will have reduced scintillation and bang bang beauty.

The images are fine - they are computer DiamCalc generated and more reliable than the varied backlighting real photos.

Here is the 1st one images. THE HCA scope is only 2. Is it really good than 90% of diamonds? Or is it good in light return, fires, etc. ? Thank you.
595E032B-9368-4807-B7BF-2459717B4C71.jpeg E7951453-0109-40F6-9DC0-1D663ECD6362.jpeg

Last edited:

fatfat116

Rough_Rock
But I can’t see some of the arrows on the images. Is it correct?
If the arrows is missing or not good enough, can the light return, fire, etc be good? Or just the image taken not good? Thank you very much. B190D5BF-4F45-44BB-A0A7-027F7F0C96A8.jpeg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You selected Hearts and Arrows on the HCA which lowered the 2.2 score to 2.0 - I doubt this diamond shows Hearts and does not show arrows perfectly. It has far better than average GIA Excellent symmetry.
However, the nice ideal-scope and not bad ASET image indicate that the rounded GIA data mean if the crown angle is 0.2 degree shallower and the pavilion angle a touch shallower - that explains the Ideal-scope and ASET images and the HCA score would indeed be under 2.0.
So as long as you are not paying for H&A's this is a very nice diamond.
It will exhibit stronger flashes of fire than most diamonds.
Be sure not to let the feather be set on an East or West side as that increases the (small) risk of chipping compared to N-South.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
But I can’t see some of the arrows on the images. Is it correct?
If the arrows is missing or not good enough, can the light return, fire, etc be good? Or just the image taken not good? Thank you very much. B190D5BF-4F45-44BB-A0A7-027F7F0C96A8.jpeg

That image is not straight to camera.
Read my post please.

fatfat116

Rough_Rock
You selected Hearts and Arrows on the HCA which lowered the 2.2 score to 2.0 - I doubt this diamond shows Hearts and does not show arrows perfectly. It has far better than average GIA Excellent symmetry.
However, the nice ideal-scope and not bad ASET image indicate that the rounded GIA data mean if the crown angle is 0.2 degree shallower and the pavilion angle a touch shallower - that explains the Ideal-scope and ASET images and the HCA score would indeed be under 2.0.
Be sure not to let the feather be set on an East or West side as that increases the (small) risk of chipping compared to N-South.

Thank you. So is it mean the arrows don’t affect the effect of diamonds? Also I don’t really understand the last Paragraph.

Also here is the images of 2nd one. Would you like to make some comments also? THANK YOU. The HCA is 1.2 or 1.4 as I remembered.
93E24809-01AD-4956-8470-B2744546BDC5.jpeg 4A2505C5-9BCD-476D-A638-AB0C1D7EC5BF.jpeg

Last edited:

fatfat116

Rough_Rock
Thank you. So is it mean the arrows don’t affect the effect of diamonds? Also I don’t really understand the last Paragraph.

Also here is the images of 2nd one. Would you like to make some comments also? THANK YOU. The HCA is 1.2 or 1.4 as I remembered.
93E24809-01AD-4956-8470-B2744546BDC5.jpeg 4A2505C5-9BCD-476D-A638-AB0C1D7EC5BF.jpeg

Both are 3ex. But the second one has surface graining are not shown. Which one should I buy?

fatfat116

Rough_Rock

This is the heart of 1st one 5DEA5382-F1E9-4881-BBC8-8B537FA39F68.png
and this is the 2nd one.
F5493EA7-5594-4914-B1AE-2D28E66B5060.png

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.