shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a list?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a list of good gemstone vendors? I could have sworn there used to be but now I can''t find one... just the list of diamond vendors...

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the 3rd thread in colored stones forum!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 4:15:47 AM
Author: megeve
Yes, the 3rd thread in colored stones forum!
1.gif
don''t mind me - I''m blind and obviously dumb too ;-)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
No worries, I never see the perm threads either. Just too obvious to see!

Sooooo, you want an emerald. What are you looking for? We all love to look and will be thrilled to help in your search.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 11:02:45 AM
Author: swimmer
No worries, I never see the perm threads either. Just too obvious to see!

Sooooo, you want an emerald. What are you looking for? We all love to look and will be thrilled to help in your search.

obvious is right - how embarrassing! lol

I am looking for something big and cheap - sturdy and charming but flawed.

Here are two examples that I found but I'd actually like them more veiny than this if I can - something interesting. I don't want to spend a lot. These are like 300-400 bucks and I can go higher. The diamond in there now is 9.5x7.5 so about that size... probably about 4mm deep at most. I am not looking for near perfection but something very interesting yet imperfect just like me :)

http://www.gemselect.com/emerald/emerald-213895.php
http://www.gemselect.com/emerald/emerald-213894.php

In these 3 I have pictured I like the flaws but they are too small and I'd love to have even more of those dark spots - maybe some dark lines - the 3rd one might be a little too opaque but if it looked cool (the way you'd like a granite counter) I'd consider it. I never really liked emeralds as a kid and it wasn't until I saw the "crappy" ones that I said hey I like those! lol

cbemerjiiald1.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Cera, wanted you to see this beauty! I''m wondering if the proportions, at 9x7 would work for your mounting considering it''s rectangular instead of oval like your current stone.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture.

emerald-gem-213895b.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I saw that but thought it was too clear lol - I did send them a note with what i was looking for and they said give it 10 days and we''ll see.. my ring has 8 prongs and I think they''d actually do quite well with an emerald cut - I want an emerald cut (not another cushion or an oval) I made a couple mockup rings a few days ago... I''ll post them... I think my ring is going to look BETTER with an emerald - I think the straight lines of the emerald are actually going to go well with the band - let me know what you think :)

emeraldcbring.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this has the opaque stone in it from another vendor that isn''t lit from behind at all... I know it''s totally unconventional but I almost think - if you can''t beat it, enjoy it lol

emeraldcbring2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra,
That opaque stone is really too opaque. It has killed not just the colour but the character that I like in emeralds. I understand liking the unique inclusions of emeralds but that one has crossed that line for me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I agree it''s way over the line but I like it! it''s different from what i''ve seen (yeah yeah - I know why lol) and has more of a stone look to it - like Jasper or something. I agree that if you look at it in the contrast of a high quality stone they''re night and day.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think the emerald emerald will look beautiful in your mounting. One thing I like about emeralds is when they look lit from within. Even though you''re looking for a silky or jardin stone, keep looking for that illumination!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh silky - is that the term for the inclusions that cloudiness but not dark spots? I''d love for it to be clear with large dark veins - I know I know - I''m totally weird. I just never liked emeralds when I was a kid... the flaws in them are what are making me attracted now. Lucky for me they''re cheaper too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results