shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a huge visual difference between a .4 and .5 round stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OK so the diamond bug has bit me again. I was browsing through the Whiteflash expert selection diamond studs and there is a HUGE price difference between the .8 tcw studs and the .1 tcw studs.

I currently have .4 tcw studs and they are small, so I was looking for something larger but not obnoxious and I think .5 each ear would be the max I would go before feeling like a rap star.

according to WF website there is about a 1/2 mm difference in diameter. Is that visually significant? For a $1000 price difference it better be! :)

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
The difference in weight between 0.4 and 0.5ct. is 25%, and the difference in face up surface area is about 22% (assuming similar spread for both stones)...however, the main reason for the large difference in price is that with the 0.5ct. stones you have reached a critical weight (like all 0.5ct. thresholds - 1, 1.5, 2.0, etc.) where prices take a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results