shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the Vendor Pulling My Leg?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
On a search for a diamond, I was told by a vendor that they are NOT allowed to carry AGS graded stones. However, they carry GIA stones and EGL stones. This isn''t making any sense. What''s your take??? Are they pulling my leg? Also, do any of these labs do a Sarin report or is it only certain labs? Will the vendors charge extra for this and how long would it normally take? Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats ODD...I would run like the wind!!! Only carries GIA and EGL..not allowed to carry AGS? I haven't heard that one before.

The vendor should try to get the Sarin for you. If it costs, maybe $5..but nothing more.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Why aren't they allowed to carry AGS graded diamonds? Could it be because the AGS lab report would disclose the proportions of the diamonds that they sell? Perhaps it is easier to sell diamonds without things like "Proportions Grade: Fair" on the report... People seem to be able to figure that part of a lab report out
2.gif

We suggest you find a new jeweler to play with...

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the others that say
Don't deal with them...run the OTHER way

AGS is strict and true
That's bad for them and
GOOD FOR YOU!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Not allowed? By whom?, would be my question. Maybe they mean some agreement with their vendor, or something similar. There are no legal restrictions. Anyone who cares to can open their own lab and start issuing certs.

Either way, it sounds fishy.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments. I will make sure that I get your expert opinions before I buy anthing. All of you have been so wonderful and I appreciate it! I'll keep searching.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Leg puller
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results