shape
carat
color
clarity

Is pave trendy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
Don''t get me wrong, I love the look of pave. But I also love timeless, elegant rings. Does anyone think pave is trendy?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s popular right now, but I wouldn''t call it trendy seeing how my grandmother''s pave ring is 100 years old. There are some pave ring style''s that might be more trendy but most simple pave settings aren''t IMO..

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
You are probably right. I would love to see a pic of your grandmother''s ring!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, you can make it look more vintage or more BLING BLING, but done right, I think it is lovely and elegant.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pinkie. Pave is gorgeous and has been around for a while.

The only thing I''d worry about with pave is that it''s not so easy to size. If you are looking for a ring to pass down, I''d opt for better sidestones and no pave just because the sizing is so limited with pave - you risk ruining the setting. If you don''t care about someone else''s sizing problems, go for it!
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think trends come and go, so I''d just get what I liked, what looked good on me and could see myself liking for a long time. That''s how I ended up with a solitaire - I KNEW I''d get tired of most anything else. I like to go with the classics for my expensive jewelry, and the trendy stuff for my fun jewelry.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My great-grandmother''s ring has pave so no, I would not consider it trendy.
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pave is in style right now, but I also think it''s very timeless. What I think is too trendy and will probably fade...are halos.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
YES!! I agree about halos, that was going to be my next question actually.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
While I tend to agree about wanting to avoid what is trendy, it seems that people around here like to upgrade in a few years anyhow... ;-)

But seriously, I think right now we are seeing more of pave AND halos because the "antique/estate" look is "in" right now. Pave to me is early 1900''s (think Art Deco), and the halo is very Renaissance Era (1500-1600''s). I think pave is beautiful, and I am in fact considering a pave ring for my wband.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 2:29:09 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Pave is in style right now, but I also think it''s very timeless. What I think is too trendy and will probably fade...are halos.
I dunno.... halos around gemstones go back a very long time....

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
cehra - I was going to say the same thing :) I don't think halos will go out of style for gemstone rings. Stuller just came out with a line of halo e-rings, when they come out with a line of anything you know it's being mass produced and it's life cycle as far as being trendy is coming to an end.

I've never been a big fan of halos with center stones that are prong set. Bezels and bead set center stones with pave or channel set halo diamonds going around look much nicer. Good pave will always be in style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results