shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my Diamond priced right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shazaam17

Rough_Rock
I just purchased the following for $4650

Square-Modified Brilliant Princess cut
carat= 1.04
Color= G
Clarity VS1
measurements=5.91x5.65x3.84
Depth 68%
Table 76%
Girdle- Thin to Thick
Culet- None
Polish-Good
Symmetry-Good
Flouresence-None
This is a GIA Diamond dated 7/20/02(one of the oldest certs I''ve seen...that''s why I wonder)
There are some unseen pinpoints and a feather
Comments-Additional pinpoints not shown/Surface graining not shown.
This is going in a platinum setting with 2 bagettes each side at .58CT total(I paid $1450 for that and it includes changing the basket from prong stone and ring total $6100)
what do you think...obvisously you can not see the stone...but it looks really nice to me....maybe the table could have been smaller...
thanks
Dan
1.gif
wavey.gif

adiamond4sale

Rough_Rock
it is 28% back
good luck

shazaam17

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry...what do you mean it's 28% back?
Thanks

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The 28% is the discount off of the "normal" high cash asking price. The trade publishes price guides that give everyone a common point to start from.

I'm not sure why adiamond4sale wrote "good luck". Maybe he is suspicious because the price is too low?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS on your purchase!!!!!!
appl.gif
Enjoy it!

BTW... Your cert ISN'T old at all
1.gif

shazaam17

Rough_Rock
Thanks...I just got this diamond appraised by Jewlery Judge for $8900...I paid $6000...it turns out the setter chipped the ring when setting, but it didn't effect the appraisal value. What about Insurance.....I keep hearing Chubb..but I also heard Jewelers Mutual is good (also reccommended by the appraiser) but they charge $1.75 per $100 where I live...that is like $156 per year...isn't that a lot? Any help would be great....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results