shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my diamond any good?

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here as I just found out about this site today, my fiancé has ordered my engagement ring and this is the diamond he’s picked -

In terms of diamonds how does this measure up? Will it be sparkling? I’m afraid of getting a dim stone :/

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the OP - I have requested for this to be moved to Lab Created/MMD section of this board.

DK :))

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

This forum is for mined diamonds. I've requested this be moved to the man made diamond forum.

As for the diamond itself, can you post the report?

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Oh thanks! Sorry I didn’t know I was posting in the wrong area :)
4F447638-3F8D-47BE-9AAD-66CC97C1CFA5.png

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
The numbers look ok. Have you entered them into the HCA tool? I'm assuming that applies for lab grown diamonds, too. You want a number less than 2.
I don’t know that it will be eyeclean though.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
The numbers look ok. Have you entered them into the HCA tool? I'm assuming that applies for lab grown diamonds, too. You want a number less than 2.
I don’t know that it will be eyeclean though.

HCA was 1.4 :) we are hoping to get the inclusion on the edge pronged over. We knew we couldn’t afford perfect but because I have chunky fingers size was important to me.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I think the numbers look fine, and the image looks pretty good too. I can see the main inclusion should be able to be mostly covered with a prong- I wish there wasn’t that little blip on the table but it’s pretty small. G should be a safe choice in terms of color- don’t expect it to be icy white, but it should face up quite white.
I do find it odd that when I looked up your cert it did not have a clarity plot for the diamond. Most IGI reports for lab diamonds include a clarity plot and I would like to see that to make sure we aren’t missing anything that could impact the performance of your diamond like major clouds.
Come over the the Lab Diamonds area and we will be happy to give you more advice or suggestions.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
I think the numbers look fine, and the image looks pretty good too. I can see the main inclusion should be able to be mostly covered with a prong- I wish there wasn’t that little blip on the table but it’s pretty small. G should be a safe choice in terms of color- don’t expect it to be icy white, but it should face up quite white.
I do find it odd that when I looked up your cert it did not have a clarity plot for the diamond. Most IGI reports for lab diamonds include a clarity plot and I would like to see that to make sure we aren’t missing anything that could impact the performance of your diamond like major clouds.
Come over the the Lab Diamonds area and we will be happy to give you more advice or suggestions.

How would I get the plot report? I’ve looked it up on igi but this is the most information I seem to be able to get

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results