shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it normal for stones to be crooked in an eternity ring?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I received an eternity ring from a popular PS vendor (22x0.05) last Friday. There are about 8 stones that are crooked and 2 prong that are longer than the others.

(Sorry, I don't know why these pictures are from the side!)
img_1231_0.jpg

img_1233.jpg

img_1229.jpg

Is this normal for an eternity ring?

All of them look like they are safely set, but since the tables go in all different directions, the "face up" sparkle of the ring is odd, it looks like there are dark diamonds, while it's just that they sparkle from a different side.

Is this a "live with it" or return the ring scenario?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Re: Is it normal for stones to be crooked in an eternity rin

I can see what you mean. This would bug me, so I'd e-mail the vendor and ask if this can be adjusted.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

This is the third time I get crooked or uneven stones with this vendor, so I doubt they can do better. You think I'd learn...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wouldn't be able to get used to this, sadly. It would really bother me & I think if its bothering you, then that feeling isn't going to go away. Is there a way if getting a refund due to your dissatisfaction at the poor setting of the diamonds?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Orchid Lei|1427475378|3853310 said:
This is the third time I get crooked or uneven stones with this vendor, so I doubt they can do better. You think I'd learn...

Hi Orchid Lei-
I know you might not want to throw this vendor under the bus but if it the third time you have crooked or uneven stones . . . would you share who you bought the band from . . .as a buyer beware . . .

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

16ocean|1427511243|3853568 said:

Hi Orchid Lei-
I know you might not want to throw this vendor under the bus but if it the third time you have crooked or uneven stones . . . would you share who you bought the band from . . .as a buyer beware . . .

I will post an honest review of the vendor when everything has been dealt with, to be fair to them.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Orchid Lei|1427544192|3853675 said:
16ocean|1427511243|3853568 said:

Hi Orchid Lei-

I will post an honest review of the vendor when everything has been dealt with, to be fair to them.

Thanks Orchid Lei, Hope the matter gets resolved as smooth as possible.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock

Hope this gets solved for you. This is not the first time this vendor has had issues with stone setting in diamond bands. I dealt with the same issue with them and honestly i dont think they can set them any better in the U prong setting. You might have more luck with a shared prong setting but you shouldnt have to compromise and get a setting you dont want. Best of luck

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

I had a shared prong half eternity with them and it was no better. The only one that was fine was a 4 prong per stone 5 stone ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results