shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it fair that Meghan and Harry's children won't be prince/princess?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they hate the monarchy and the genetic pain then why bother with titles?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I really never understood how we need a life free of press intrusion, to be a regular couole translated to let's do an interview for Oprah Winfrey and trash the family.

Frankly I think Harry's not that bright, (remember the Nazi costume?) and it's easy for Meghan to lead him around. Regarding titles, they seem to want all of the perqs of royalty without putting in the effort,getting the best of both worlds. It's simple entitlement, but I'm sure they'll cast it as racism.

And to hear Harry talk about Diana's death you would think that the press really was responsible for killing her, rather than her poor choice of forgoing the security that she was allowed as a former royal. Instead she put her trust in an idiotic drunk driver that her boyfriend's father recommended. I truly did admire her for her stand on AIDS patients and land mine awareness

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
her poor choice of forgoing the security that she was allowed as a former royal.

A few weeks ago, the truth about the Martin Bashir interview came pouring out, and it turned out that he had dripped terrible and poisonous lies into Diana's ears. They included that her mail was being intercepted, that her phones and car were tapped and bugged, that Prince William had been given a watch by Charles that contained a listening device....on and on. (For interest, I cut and pasted a list of the lies below from The Times.)

You might think that she should have just dismissed it all as crazy talk, but Bashir was not only an accredited journalist, he was from the BBC. And not only from the BBC, but from its flagship current affairs show. Earl Spencer called the BBC and spoke to the editor of the show (Panorama) about Bashir, who told Spencer that Bashir was one of his best journalists. With a recommendation like that, from a BBC show like that, it's not surprising, imo, that she took the lies seriously.

And they were a large factor in her getting rid of her royal security, because as she said at the time, she didn't want to be spied on. I remember thinking at the time that this seemed unnecessarily paranoid, but now we know why she thought that way. So there's quite a backstory to that choice, and it's more understandable now that it seemed previously, I think.

Check out the list of Bashir lies below! Remember that this journalist was from one of the most respected current affairs shows on one of the world's most respected media outlets. Simply unbelievable that he would do this. (Source: The Times, Friday May 21 2021, "The Litany of Lies that Convinced Diana to Give an Interview," David Brown.)

Bashir, Diana and Spencer met in London, September 19, 1995
Spencer’s handwritten notes of the meeting record 32 “lies” told by Bashir.

1 Diana’s private correspondence had been intercepted for the previous six months.

2 A tracking device had been fitted to her car. Diana had been followed by security services twice in the past week.
3 Three telephone lines in Kensington Palace were tapped and there was a bug on her car phone.
4 Her bodyguard was plotting against her.
5 Aylard had received tapes of secretly recorded royal conversations during a meeting.
6 MI6 agents said that Aylard “orchestrates everything” and that he had “commissioned” Ken Wharfe, who had resigned as the princess’s senior protection officer two years earlier.
7 MI6 had taped Charles and Aylard saying that they were now “in end game” and Diana had told Aylard “that she wouldn’t divorce”.
8 Claim that “Charles was longing for Diana to initiate divorce” and to “go off to America”.
9 Aylard had been “paid by Jonathan Dimbleby”, who had made a 1994 documentary about Charles in which the prince admitted being unfaithful with Camilla Parker Bowles.
10 Jephson had “business connections” with Aylard.
11 Aylard planted news stories worth £250,000 the previous year.
12 Jephson was taking flying lessons in Jersey and Aylard was “from the Channel Islands”.
13 The princess’s driver, Steve Davies, had been “feeding” the Today newspaper.
14 A reporter who had often written stories about Spencer was known to use prostitutes in the Langham Hilton, in central London.
15 Described a “very close relationship” between the editor and columnist of another newspaper.
16 A Fleet Street figure was a paedophile who had “abused children in a Greenwich children’s home”.
17 A female journalist was in a relationship with one of Spencer’s former Althorp employees.
18 Richard Kay, a Daily Mail journalist close to Diana, paid informants at the Chelsea Harbour Club where she worked out.
19 Kay was having an affair with the former wife of one of Charles’s closest friends. Kay had set up three shell companies, implying they were used for tax evasion.
20 Kay was used by Aylard as “a friendly journalist” to obtain information about Diana.
21 Michael Fawcett, Charles’s valet, had pushed someone to sell a story to the News of the World.
22 Two years earlier there had been a decision to “reinvent” the Prince of Wales and a year ago it was “decided to attack Diana (and family)”. Charles had vowed he “would not rest until Victoria was six feet under”, an apparent reference to Spencer’s first wife, the former Victoria Lockwood.
23 Controversy over Diana’s closeness to Will Carling, the newly married England rugby captain, had been “fed” by his wife, Julia.
24 Parker Bowles was “depressed” and publicity about Diana and Carling had been deliberately leaked because Charles was on a two-week holiday with Tiggy Legge-Bourke, nanny to Prince William and Prince Harry.
25 The decline in Diana’s relationship with William was “because of Tiggy”. Charles was “in love” with Legge-Bourke, who had either miscarried a baby or had an abortion.
26 Three of the princess’s closest female friends, Julia Samuel, Katie Menzies and Catherine Soames, might be leaking stories about Diana.
27 Sir James Goldsmith, the billionaire businessman whose wife, Lady (Annabel) Goldsmith, was a friend of the princess, had told Dimbleby that “Diana’s had it”.
28 The Duke of Edinburgh “doesn’t like Diana at all”. He had sent “very unpleasant correspondence” about Diana.
29 The Earl of Wessex was receiving treatment for Aids at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
30 The Queen was “very ill with heart problems” and was “a comfort eater”.
31 A member of Charles’s private staff was moonlighting at the St James’s outfitters Turnbull and Asser and had a reputation as “a bully”.
32 Prince William, then 13, had been given a watch by his father that contained a listening device.

Prince William

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few weeks ago, the truth about the Martin Bashir interview came pouring out, and it turned out that he had dripped terrible and poisonous lies into Diana's ears. They included that her mail was being intercepted, that her phones and car were tapped and bugged, that Prince William had been given a watch by Charles that contained a listening device....on and on. (For interest, I cut and pasted a list of the lies below from The Times.)

You might think that she should have just dismissed it all as crazy talk, but Bashir was not only an accredited journalist, he was from the BBC. And not only from the BBC, but from its flagship current affairs show. Earl Spencer called the BBC and spoke to the editor of the show (Panorama) about Bashir, who told Spencer that Bashir was one of his best journalists. With a recommendation like that, from a BBC show like that, it's not surprising, imo, that she took the lies seriously.

And they were a large factor in her getting rid of her royal security, because as she said at the time, she didn't want to be spied on. I remember thinking at the time that this seemed unnecessarily paranoid, but now we know why she thought that way. So there's quite a backstory to that choice, and it's more understandable now that it seemed previously, I think.

Check out the list of Bashir lies below! Remember that this journalist was from one of the most respected current affairs shows on one of the world's most respected media outlets. Simply unbelievable that he would do this. (Source: The Times, Friday May 21 2021, "The Litany of Lies that Convinced Diana to Give an Interview," David Brown.)

Bashir, Diana and Spencer met in London, September 19, 1995
Spencer’s handwritten notes of the meeting record 32 “lies” told by Bashir.

1 Diana’s private correspondence had been intercepted for the previous six months.

2 A tracking device had been fitted to her car. Diana had been followed by security services twice in the past week.
3 Three telephone lines in Kensington Palace were tapped and there was a bug on her car phone.
4 Her bodyguard was plotting against her.
5 Aylard had received tapes of secretly recorded royal conversations during a meeting.
6 MI6 agents said that Aylard “orchestrates everything” and that he had “commissioned” Ken Wharfe, who had resigned as the princess’s senior protection officer two years earlier.
7 MI6 had taped Charles and Aylard saying that they were now “in end game” and Diana had told Aylard “that she wouldn’t divorce”.
8 Claim that “Charles was longing for Diana to initiate divorce” and to “go off to America”.
9 Aylard had been “paid by Jonathan Dimbleby”, who had made a 1994 documentary about Charles in which the prince admitted being unfaithful with Camilla Parker Bowles.
10 Jephson had “business connections” with Aylard.
11 Aylard planted news stories worth £250,000 the previous year.
12 Jephson was taking flying lessons in Jersey and Aylard was “from the Channel Islands”.
13 The princess’s driver, Steve Davies, had been “feeding” the Today newspaper.
14 A reporter who had often written stories about Spencer was known to use prostitutes in the Langham Hilton, in central London.
15 Described a “very close relationship” between the editor and columnist of another newspaper.
16 A Fleet Street figure was a paedophile who had “abused children in a Greenwich children’s home”.
17 A female journalist was in a relationship with one of Spencer’s former Althorp employees.
18 Richard Kay, a Daily Mail journalist close to Diana, paid informants at the Chelsea Harbour Club where she worked out.
19 Kay was having an affair with the former wife of one of Charles’s closest friends. Kay had set up three shell companies, implying they were used for tax evasion.
20 Kay was used by Aylard as “a friendly journalist” to obtain information about Diana.
21 Michael Fawcett, Charles’s valet, had pushed someone to sell a story to the News of the World.
22 Two years earlier there had been a decision to “reinvent” the Prince of Wales and a year ago it was “decided to attack Diana (and family)”. Charles had vowed he “would not rest until Victoria was six feet under”, an apparent reference to Spencer’s first wife, the former Victoria Lockwood.
23 Controversy over Diana’s closeness to Will Carling, the newly married England rugby captain, had been “fed” by his wife, Julia.
24 Parker Bowles was “depressed” and publicity about Diana and Carling had been deliberately leaked because Charles was on a two-week holiday with Tiggy Legge-Bourke, nanny to Prince William and Prince Harry.
25 The decline in Diana’s relationship with William was “because of Tiggy”. Charles was “in love” with Legge-Bourke, who had either miscarried a baby or had an abortion.
26 Three of the princess’s closest female friends, Julia Samuel, Katie Menzies and Catherine Soames, might be leaking stories about Diana.
27 Sir James Goldsmith, the billionaire businessman whose wife, Lady (Annabel) Goldsmith, was a friend of the princess, had told Dimbleby that “Diana’s had it”.
28 The Duke of Edinburgh “doesn’t like Diana at all”. He had sent “very unpleasant correspondence” about Diana.
29 The Earl of Wessex was receiving treatment for Aids at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
30 The Queen was “very ill with heart problems” and was “a comfort eater”.
31 A member of Charles’s private staff was moonlighting at the St James’s outfitters Turnbull and Asser and had a reputation as “a bully”.
32 Prince William, then 13, had been given a watch by his father that contained a listening device.

Prince William

No wonder Di was paranoid
And no wonder William is angry

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I now find H&M just so tiresome

Sorry, he's not even the spair anymore
Who cares
Just dissapair and stop hogging the limelight
i hate how every royal story now had to have a H&M angle - its taking the attention off the many good causes Royal family members represent

yes he is Di's son and its burned in our collective menory that 12 year old walking behind her coffin

But as the song says, every generatuon blames the one before

But don't dump on her elderly recently widowed grandma especially not on TV
HM was a working mother before the term existed
Prince Philip had a far from nornal childhod and did his best by his own children
Diana said Charles was a good dad

buck up Harry
don't wollow in self pity or you will just be miserable

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does title automatically come with income and security?
If it does, I feel the following:
Harry knew all this beforehand, his kids not getting titles. He probably did mention it to M. Like other factiods about royal life when they were dating/engaged.
When it then sinks in and results that their security is no longer paid for, that H’s inheritance that’s not meant to be used, would need to be used to provide their daily livings and wishes -
That’s when it became a problem with her therefore it’s a problem for them.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
How interesting, Alybetter! Stood out like sore thumbs, lol! What took you across the pond, and how long were you there? And what's in Newmarket that you spent a lot of time there? I wanna say horses, for some reason.

Yep, horses. Expensive ones ;-) They had a nice Saturday market that I went to just about every weekend.

My husband’s job brought us, and we were there for just over 3 years IIRC.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently @Alybetter MM was told that she could be as much a part of the RF as she wanted in terms of work commitments, but if she wanted to carry on acting, that was fine too. From what we read, she was actually given more slack and the opportunity to ease in to royal life, rather than be thrown in head first. I don’t know how true that is, it’s just what’s been reported.

I think, unless you substantiate claims, it’s all just hearsay, in terms of the conversations about skin colour etc. Our DIL is American Vietnamese, and we’ve had conversations along the lines of “I wonder who the children would look like?” I think most people wonder. Is it possible this innocent musing was interpreted as “how dark will his skin be?” The other thing I find strange is why would you tell your wife that comments were made about skin colour, knowing it would upset her?

Ultimately, we’re never going to know what really transpired.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Austina, I agree that the conversation was something more in line of “Wonder if the baby will be a pale redhead like you Hazza or have lovely dark eyes and hair like Megs?” - which was then twisted to suit the narrative of colour = no title.

Just my opinion - it’s been the way discussions have been in our family. My sisters are extremely olive skinned, dark tanning whereas I have freckles for days and fair skin that rarely burns. Whenever we had children coming we would discuss what they would look like and who they would take after.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any time there is a red head in the family its going to come up - what the baby looks like
I know a few Maori men who have reddish beards because of Scottish ancestry from way back
Its kind of fascinating

and a bit sad to have such wunderings twisted into racism

I think its also sad Kate and the Cambridge kids might not be going to Diana's statute unveiling because M won't be there
Especially when you would think its a time Diana would have liked all her family to be there together so its also sad that Meghan and her kids won't be there either
maybe they can blame covid

And isn't the whole reason they don't have tax payer funded security because they stepped back from being working royals ?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its also sad Kate and the Cambridge kids might not be going to Diana's statute unveiling because M won't be there
Especially when you would think its a time Diana would have liked all her family to be there together

I really wonder if the whole big falling-out between the Cambridges and Sussexes might not have happened if Diana was here to soothe the troubled waters.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wonder if the whole big falling-out between the Cambridges and Sussexes might not have happened if Diana was here to soothe the troubled waters.

Year
It seems like Charles doesn't enjoy confrontation and prefers to stay out of it (between the brothers)
i kind of get that so im not judging him for it - he seems to be a sensitive sort of soul so it must be hurting him inside
Who would want his life ?
The press has been gastly to him his entire life
He was talking about the environment and sustainability way back in the '70's and people thought he was nuts

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been reported today that being ‘cut off financially’ didn’t include the 4.45 million GBP Charles gave them when they left :roll:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been reported today that being ‘cut off financially’ didn’t include the 4.45 million GBP Charles gave them when they left :roll:

Poor dears. How will they ever survive? :roll:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, no! That is just pocket change! What will they do next week when they have spent it all this week!?!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel a bit sorry for dear old Dad Charles
how old is Harry again?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it fair straight boys will never become queens?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results