Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it an aqua?

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I pulled this stone from a stud earring because I had lost the other one. Tested as a real stone and feels cold. Seems almost the same colour as my aqua marine but slightly more light blue. The camera is NOT picking up the colour correctly. I took a pic next to my aqua (which also won’t show colour in photos but is on the pale slightly greener side of aqua’s. The little one is bluer.
I will attempt more colour accurate photos but was concentrating on getting the small stone in focus more then accurate colour.
I know lots of light blue coloured stones can present like an aqua so I didn’t want to assume.

Attachments

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry -- can't say anything from those images. Even if there were a faint color cast, it could be swamped by the color-temperature correction of the phone, etc. If it's on a white background, I see almost no hue at all and can't confidently assign a color to it.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I tried to delete the post but I can’t work it out. It doesn’t matter anyway - even if it is an aqua it’s a very inexpensive little stone.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.