shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Anyone Watching The Russian Summit???

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putin has played Trump like a fiddle.

Trump is a disgrace!!!!

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump stood next to Putin and called Mueller’s investigation a witch hunt. He said things against our Intellegence agencies and nothing about the indictments issued last Friday. He slammed the FBI. He is tougher on Democrats and the press then he is on Putin.

Where are the real republicans??? Lindsay Graham only mildly criticized Trump. Jeff Flake is the only one to call Trump shameful. Crickets from McConnel and Ryan. I want to hear what Mattis says about this.

Russian even admitted they wanted Trump to win this election.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an excerpt from a column by Charles M. Blow in today's issue of "The New York Times".

The title is "Trump, Treasonous Traitor". Excerpt below.

"The president fails to protect the country from an ongoing attack.

Put aside whatever suspicions you may have about whether Donald Trump will be directly implicated in the Russia investigation.

Trump is right now, before our eyes and those of the world, committing an unbelievable and unforgivable crime against this country. It is his failure to defend.

The intelligence community long ago concluded that Russia attacked our election in 2016 with the express intention of damaging Hillary Clinton and assisting Trump.

And it was not only the spreading of inflammatory fake news over social media. As a May report from the Republican-run Senate Intelligence Committee pointed out:

'In 2016, cyber actors affiliated with the Russian Government conducted an unprecedented, coordinated cyber campaign against state election infrastructure. Russian actors scanned databases for vulnerabilities, attempted intrusions, and in a small number of cases successfully penetrated a voter registration database. This activity was part of a larger campaign to prepare to undermine confidence in the voting process.'

We know that they did it. We have proof. The F.B.I. is trying to hold people accountable for it.

And yet Trump, the president whom the Constitution establishes as the commander in chief, has repeatedly waffled on whether Russia conducted the attack and has refused to forcefully rebuke them for it, let alone punish them for it.

In March, the White House, under pressure from Congress, seemed to somewhat reluctantly impose some sanctions on Russia for its crimes. As CNN reported that month, Congress almost unanimously passed the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act last summer, 'hoping to pressure Trump into punishing Russia for its election interference.' But as the network pointed out:

'Trump signed the bill reluctantly in August, claiming it impinged upon his executive powers and could dampen his attempts to improve ties with Moscow.'

Instead, Trump has repeatedly attacked the investigation as a witch hunt.

Just last week at a joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May, Trump said:

'I think I would have a very good relationship with Putin if we spend time together. After watching the rigged witch-hunt yesterday, I think it really hurts our country and our relationship with Russia. I hope we can have a good relationship with Russia.'

Now Trump is set to pursue just such a relationship as he meets one-on-one with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, on Monday in Finland. As Trump said earlier this month at a rally:

'Will he be prepared? Will he be prepared? And I might even end up having a good relationship, but they’re going,"‘Will President Trump be prepared? You know, President Putin is K.G.B. and this and that." You know what? Putin’s fine. He’s fine. We’re all fine. We’re people.'

Actually, none of this is fine. None of it! Trump should be directing all resources at his disposal to punish Russia for the attacks and prevent future ones. But he is not.

America’s commander wants to be chummy with the enemy who committed the crime. Trump is more concerned with protecting his presidency and validating his election than he is in protecting this country."

Link...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/opinion/trump-russia-investigation-putin.html

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just listening to clips and discussion about it on NPR. It's a freaking joke and a disgrace. Trump is bought and paid for by Putin. It's f-ing crystal clear at this point.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how Fox is spinning it

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In the live feed, there's a lot of emphasis on Hillary's emails, the DNC server, and no collusion.

Here's a sampling from Fox:

Putin offers to question 12 indicted for alleged US election meddling, says Mueller investigators can be present if America will ‘reciprocate’

Putin says it's not Russia and he doesn't know why anyone would think it was them in regards to the server.

Trump says it's a "disgrace that we can't get Hillary Clinton's 33,000 missing emails."

Putin was "strong and powerful" in his denial, he says.

He says Putin has offered to let U.S. investigators question the 12 officers in tandem with Russian investigators.

Trump denies collusion with Russia during election, says he didn't know Putin at the time

Trump says the concept of the 12 Russian intel officers indicted in the Russia probe could be a reason why the Democrats point to why they lost, but Trump says he won the electoral college.

"There was no collusion, there was nobody to collude with," Trump says. He says he didn't know Putin then.

"We ran a brilliant campaign."

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't watch. It is too painful to watch. Literally.
Watching a person who is elected to protect the US throw it to a country who hates the US hurts. I just can't. :cry2: It is treason out in the open and he doesnt care because NO ONE will stop him in congress.:cry2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't watch. It is too painful to watch. Literally.
Watching a person who is elected to protect the US throw it to a country who hates the US hurts. I just can't. :cry2: It is treason out in the open and he doesnt care because NO ONE will stop him in congress.:cry2:

Yup, that's why I had to just listen to the summary. Too upsetting to watch.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT WAS PAINFUL TO WATCH. The president of the United States did NOTHING to defend our country. He sided with Putin over our FBI.

Republicans are silent, They are complicit in this surrender to Russia. Trump’s job is to defend our country. He did nothing to defend us. If Trump were a Democrat President the Republicans would be hanging from the rafters. We all should be outraged. Our elections will continue to be hacked by Russia.

Flake and McCain spoke the truth today. The rest of them have zero integrity.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 12.27.26 PM.png I couldn't watch it. I'm profoundly sad about the results of the summit, although not the least bit surprised. There are republicans and democrats, present and former staffers, liberal and conservative media claiming that he committed treason. If that is true, I hope he is removed from office by any means necessary. I hope that his actions today will come under scrutiny as part of Mueller's investigation. I hope the failure to condemn trump's summit behavior from any democrat or republican is also tantamount to treason. I hope his actions at the summit give whomever cares to wield it the power to finally drain the swamp.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 12.27.26 PM.png I couldn't watch it. I'm profoundly sad about the results of the summit, although not the least bit surprised. There are republicans and democrats, present and former staffers, liberal and conservative media claiming that he committed treason. If that is true, I hope he is removed from office by any means necessary. I hope that his actions today will come under scrutiny as part of Mueller's investigation. I hope the failure to condemn trump's summit behavior from any democrat or republican is also tantamount to treason. I hope his actions at the summit give whomever cares to wield it the power to finally drain the swamp.

I LOVE that graphic. Never have I seen a better one. Thank you, Matata, and keep the faith, baby!

One of the other Debs ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what cartoonists can do! Putin is bare chested to show his masculinity, as he often is on "Saturday Night Live", but in this characterization he has sagging tits. Donald Trump's tie is so long it is hanging on the ground. And the person Donald trump shoots on Fifth Avenue (or was it Park?) is good old Uncle Sam!

AGBF

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the live feed, there's a lot of emphasis on Hillary's emails, the DNC server, and no collusion.
Politico has posted a round-up of more recent, and criticizing, reactions: Fox News hosts take Trump to task after Putin summit:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/trump-putin-fox-news-724372
Although I'm sure Jeanine Pirro :roll2:, for one, will wax enthusiastic about Trump's performance.

Also, unfavorable remarks, and some stinging damnations, from Republicans in Congress here:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/congress-reaction-trump-putin-comments/index.html

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Politico has posted a round-up of more recent, and criticizing, reactions: Fox News hosts take Trump to task after Putin summit:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/trump-putin-fox-news-724372
Although I'm sure Jeanine Pirro :roll2:, for one, will wax enthusiastic about Trump's performance.

Also, unfavorable remarks, and some stinging damnations, from Republicans in Congress here:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/congress-reaction-trump-putin-comments/index.html

Thanks for the update! It's pretty bad when even Fox News has trouble spinning it as anything other than the treasonous nonsense it was.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs It probably has more to do with them being worried how it will affect them in future elections. Let’s see what they actually do about what Trump did today. They will probably fall right in line again tomorrow and make excuses for him.

@JPie Carlson and Hannity will continue to be Trumps talking heads. I can’t see them being honest if their lives depended on it.

The Fox New journalists that were on this afternoon were factual in their reporting today.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs It probably has more to do with them being worried how it will affect them in future elections. Let’s see what they actually do about what Trump did today. They will probably fall right in line again tomorrow and make excuses for him.

@JPie Carlson and Hannity will continue to be Trumps talking heads. I can’t see them being honest if their lives depended on it.

The Fox New journalists that were on this afternoon were factual in their reporting today.

I wouldn’t be surprised if other Republicans were in Putin’s pocket. The most obvious one is Nunes.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m waiting to see what the our Republican elected officials actually do.

Tomorrow’s NY Daily News Cover JPie posted above pretty much sums up today.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t be surprised if other Republicans were in Putin’s pocket. The most obvious one is Nunes.

Don't forget Traitorbacher!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putin and Trump talked for close to two hours today. What Trump allowed us to see was shameful. What we weren’t allowed to see really scares the hell out of me.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never get involved in the political threads here, though I often find then very interesting.
Today, I am stepping in to admit I am more frightened about our country than ever. I am truly afraid of what will happen next.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kaekae - Write your congressperson and both your senators . Call - make your voice heard . If you are a Republican or democrat it doesnt matter. Our president should believe American intelligence agencies that present FACTS first before he believes A LIAR who murders and trump has proof he is lying.
That our president would ignore all the hard evidence that has been given and say that putin promises it wasnt russia and trump takes putins word over the TRUTH is treason against everyone in this country.
It is a complete failure to defend the nation. We should not let this become another gaslighting situtation where trump claims we didnt understand and then he didnt say it. It is on video , it is clear. trump is a traitor

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results