shape
carat
color
clarity

is anyone esle buying themselves a ''yay i planned a whole wedding'' present?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
FI and i aren''t getting each other gifts as we already spent enough money on the wedding, but i was thinking, can i get myself a present just because i planned a whole wedding?
3.gif

i''ve been eyeing this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29423718

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
does a wii count? :razz:
i think my present to myself will be a new laptop. i''ve been dying for one, and prices are starting to go down

honey22

Ideal_Rock
We are having a casual honeymoon. We don''t believe in spending money just for the sake of it, so we chose not to give each other gifts. There is nothing either of us want, and we don''t really have the cash, so we are just looking forward to spending time together on our honeymoon.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I wasn''t planning on it, but I think I might be now! What a great idea.

(Maybe it''ll be a 6 month present, once my finances recover.)

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
haha, i''ve actually been eyeing the ring for awhile, but i haven''t bought it since i''ve been trying to keep my finances in check for the wedding, now that i''m at the home stretch, i look back and think, i can''t believe i''ve planned all this and the big day is almost here, so i think i may get it as a little reward
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, my fiance bought me a "yay you planned a wedding/survived year 1 of med school" present because near the end I was starting to get stressed out and cranky at him. I got something pretty and shiny (my WF pendant) and he got to not get in trouble for not planning anything, haha. He figures we saved so much money via my DIYing, that a little present was only fair.
1.gif
I did of course have to drop a few hints.. I was going to buy it for myself, but he decided to get it for me instead.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
ficklefaye, Why not? I''m sure there will be something that catches my eye as I go through that I decide to spend my own money on to "treat" myself or justify etc...If you like the pinky band, just get it. Think of it as your last single girl jewelery or some such thing if you need a story.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could. may try to buy this for myself. I LOVE it, and would be perfect for the something blue!

Etsy link

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I thought being married was the "Yay, I planned a whole wedding!" present.
33.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Faye, thats my new wband! I can''t wait for it to get here, I am having it made in my size and 2mm. Obviously, I vote yes! But if you have her make you one, just know it takes about 4 weeks to make plus international shipping, so no instant gratification, sadly.

And BeachRunner, thanks for posting that locket! I adore all of them, and my bday is coming up
10.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
If you want it go for it, but personally being married and going on our honeymoon is more than enough for me.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Why not? I think thats great!

Fiance and I are getting each other fairly hefty wedding presents (he got my a diamond necklace to match my e-ring) so I can''t. But I LOVE the idea! :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
my present is getting to sleep in that sunday and not having to plan anymore haha

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Even though:

a) We''re using a wedding planner; and
b) The wedding is not even remotely planned yet; and
c) The wedding itself won''t be for another year or so...

I have been coveting the Coach Brooke purse (in the taupey mushroom colour, gorgeous IRL) BADLY and am desperately trying to think of wedding-related justifications for it!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 9:52:07 AM
Author: Miscka
Faye, thats my new wband! I can''t wait for it to get here, I am having it made in my size and 2mm. Obviously, I vote yes! But if you have her make you one, just know it takes about 4 weeks to make plus international shipping, so no instant gratification, sadly.

And BeachRunner, thanks for posting that locket! I adore all of them, and my bday is coming up
10.gif
oooh, miscka, i can''t wait to see your band!

i wasn''t planning on buying it until later on, so i''m ok with the wait, maybe i''ll wait til i see yours to see if i want the thicker version too
1.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 9:48:46 AM
Author: BeachRunner
I wish I could. may try to buy this for myself. I LOVE it, and would be perfect for the something blue!

Etsy link
oh i love the locket, beachrunner! i hope you get it
1.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 9:51:32 AM
Author: princesss
I thought being married was the ''Yay, I planned a whole wedding!'' present.
33.gif
hehe, i know, but i pretty much planned the whole thing, so why not treat myself? ok ok, i''m just looking for an excuse to buy myself something pretty, haha

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 10:22:01 AM
Author: rhbgirl24
Why not? I think thats great!

Fiance and I are getting each other fairly hefty wedding presents (he got my a diamond necklace to match my e-ring) so I can''t. But I LOVE the idea! :)
ooh, rhbgirl, did you post your diamond necklace? i''d love to see it
2.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 1:13:12 PM
Author: absolut_blonde
Even though:

a) We''re using a wedding planner; and

b) The wedding is not even remotely planned yet; and

c) The wedding itself won''t be for another year or so...

I have been coveting the Coach Brooke purse (in the taupey mushroom colour, gorgeous IRL) BADLY and am desperately trying to think of wedding-related justifications for it!
haha, you go girl! i don''t think it''ll be a wedding related purchase, but i''m sure it''s gorgeous

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think honestly, you should go for it. I don''t like that we even have to "justify" treating ourselves for as much effort as we put into planning our special days after all the stress we have to go through.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 9:51:32 AM
Author: princesss
I thought being married was the ''Yay, I planned a whole wedding!'' present.
33.gif

These were my thoughts exactly. I don''t think you need a reason FF. But maybe your new husband will need one?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
fickefaye, I am ON TO YOU!!! You just wanna get that rose gold rope ring don''t you???

Hahahaha
11.gif
you should totally get it hun! Whether is a "yay i planned a whole wedding present" or " yay i love this ring and totally need it in my life" situation.
2.gif
I love it too!!!!

Enable, enable!!!
31.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love that rose gold rope ring! I''d just get it as a "I''m wonderful and deserve a self-present" present
1.gif
. Post lots of pics when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results