shape
carat
color
clarity

Is another appraisal necessary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

searching4fire

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a WF stone, and noticed that their sale includes an appraisal. Is this done in house by them? Should I have it sent out on my own for appraisal?

Just to add I wanted to touch on a post that I read yesterday abour Robbins Bros. I actually owe RB a debt of gratitude. If it wasn''t for my horrible experience with them, then I wouldn''t have found this site and all of the knowledge that is shared. So thanks again RB.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
If you feel uncomfortable with the sale then send the stone out for and independent appraisal. Most likely their appraisal is in house. Most appraisals done by a GG in house or not should be ok for insurance. It is my understanding that the insurance comapanies don't really start dictating terms unless the price is over $10,000.00

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WF actually sends a letter of Verification with each purchase. A 3rd party, appraiser, inspects and verifies the diamond matches the Cert to be shipped. It's a protection feature for both WF and the customer. The 3rd party happens to be an appraiser and adds an appraised value to the letter.

The extra step helps to make sure no mistakes are made. While probably not necessary, it never hurts to have piece of mind and a local replacement value.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results