shape
carat
color
clarity

Irradiated Blue Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I''ve just been wondering through the eye candy thread and there are so many fabulous rings there! I''m just wondering if anyone has photos of irradiated blue diamonds that they could post so I can get an idea of their colours.
18.gif

Cheers
Alison

ma re

Ideal_Rock

None of those are mine, I just found them online (and I''m writing lyrics again
20.gif
).

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is irradiated, but it''s a much lighter blue than the stones pictured above. I''d say the color best matches the third picture, but it''s still much more of a sky blue. I''ve posted a few in the SMTR section, so feel free to root around through my posts :)

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Where do you even find these stones loose? I have one in an incredible white gold and diamond celtic cross setting that I purchased in Alaska, but there was a flower ring that I really liked. Now that I read on here though about prices and all, I''m not sure I would have been getting a deal. It was about 1.6 carats total weight with the center diamond (blue) being about .9 and the round diamonds around it making up the rest. It was a really pretty ring, but I had a feeling the white stones might have been treated as well.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a picture of a fun blue diamond ring I picked up at one of the gem shows here. I liked the stone colors and the setting plus it was the last day of the gem show so the price was right.

cmsbluediamondrhr1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
MIchelle, those are a gorgeous color! Very pretty ring.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I got this one from JTV (I know!) about 2 years ago. I set it in this 1930''s mounting and gave it to my little sister for her college graduation last month. The diamond is about .40ct, and cost $80 or so. It does have small black inclusions, but the dark color masks them really well, and I couldn''t really see them once it was mounted. She loves it.

Diamond018.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
It looks a little darker in this pic, the first one is closer to the color IRL. I know they''re treated and all, but they can be pretty! I''ve been thinking I could use one of my own
1.gif

Diamond017.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a 40 point one on ebay for $30.
31.gif
. I think it's bigger though since it's larger than my half carat yellow.

I thought, what the heck, it's so cheap and it's a real diamond. It's pretty, but the blue is a bit too "blue topazy" in color for me.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2009 11:25:53 AM
Author: glitterata
MIchelle, those are a gorgeous color! Very pretty ring.
Thank you glitterata!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several! Of course I''d prefer a natural blue (wouldn''t we all!!!!) but since I''m not a multi-millionaire, these will have to do. All of mine are a mid/royal/dark blue but I have seen lighter ones for sale. Mine are all SI1 and above but I''ve seen some awful ones that are highly included.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here are my 4 mm blue diamond studs that I wore for years, before discovering PS and purchasing a sparkly white pair with great cut. Funny, but I never noticed before that they were slightly different shades of blue. Guess PS has made me more picky.

BlueStuds5068.JPG

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
Ma Re

I love the colours of the second and third pictures you posted. They''re in the blue-green realm of colour that I''m looking at.

Thanks!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 1:11:51 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I got a 40 point one on ebay for $30.
31.gif
. I think it''s bigger though since it''s larger than my half carat yellow.

I thought, what the heck, it''s so cheap and it''s a real diamond. It''s pretty, but the blue is a bit too ''blue topazy'' in color for me.

WHAAA?????? Where are these $30 blue diamonds? Mine is a .96 and it certainly didn''t cost $30! (Though my husband probably wishes it did)
3.gif
Mine is VVS2 and a pretty good size (although it''s an asscher so it faces up smaller than other cuts), but I''d love a smaller (and cheap) blue diamond for a pendant someday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue%20dia.JPG

This is a bad picture of my irradiated blue diamond. It is .33 ct and I got it on ebay for about $125 dollars. It''s probably a good cut stone; there are a few dead spots in it but no naked eye inclusions. The semi mount was on sale from JTV.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2009 8:09:31 PM
Author: DearBuddha

WHAAA?????? Where are these $30 blue diamonds? Mine is a .96 and it certainly didn't cost $30! (Though my husband probably wishes it did)
3.gif
Mine is VVS2 and a pretty good size (although it's an asscher so it faces up smaller than other cuts), but I'd love a smaller (and cheap) blue diamond for a pendant someday.
Well this is the story on this one. I got it from an ebay seller who was mad at the seller he bought it from because he thought it was more like "Hope diamond" blue and this was your typical irradiated blue diamond color. She sold it to him for $140, and in turn, he just wanted to part with it because he was upset with it, so I got it for $30. I looked through the feedback, and he was telling the truth, he did buy it for much more. He even gave me a small pear shape diamond freebee for taking it off his hands.
6.gif
I love ebay!!

This is my stone, it's very clean, and a bit more dark turquoise in color. Here it looks more like a dark grey blue like the Hope diamond.

BTW, your blue diamond is gorgeous, I saw it the other day in SMTR.

stock_photo_bluediamond.jpg

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
another

Blue 2.jpg

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
another

Blue 3.jpg

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
and finally

Blue 4.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a member whose user name was a scramble of "gem collector." If anyone can remember his username, you''ll find his blue diamond, including other jaw-dropping items.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results