shape
carat
color
clarity

IRL friends on PS

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
have you any? Like as in you didn’t know but later found out?
I am curious because one of my really close friends IRL actually commented about a piece I was wearing and then I felt embarrassed about loving/spending such “frivolous” items. Now it made me wonder... could she be a PSer? I am as too chicken to ask...

God the irony if she’s actually watching this tread!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you any? Like as in you didn’t know but later found out?
I am curious because one of my really close friends IRL actually commented about a piece I was wearing and then I felt embarrassed about loving/spending such “frivolous” items. Now it made me wonder... could she be a PSer? I am as too chicken to ask...

God the irony if she’s actually watching this tread!
What did your friend say? Nothing negative, I hope!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What did your friend say? Nothing negative, I hope!
Not negative at all, she just told me she get being embarrassed and that she’s totally into jewelry! Part of me wanted just say you should check out PS!

Q

Queenie60

I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes we worry for nothing. Wait it out -

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd just ask her; I don't see any harm in that.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the people here are friends IRL because of PS not the other way around (ie not before meeting here). If you know someone that might belong to here IRL that's probably a coincidence, but I also wouldn't worry about it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the people here are friends IRL because of PS not the other way around (ie not before meeting here). If you know someone that might belong to here IRL that's probably a coincidence, but I also wouldn't worry about it.

Yes this is how it worked for me...I found a few true friends here. I didn't know them before PS but now we are fast and forever friends. Not just one but a few girls and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. And without PS we never would have met.

I don't think I know anyone on PS that I knew before IRL though.

@Rubybrick I wouldn't be worried either way just because if they are on PS they share a love and passion for bling so you have that in common and nothing to be embarrassed about at all. In fact just another thing you have in common that you bring to the friendship.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm such a shy introverted person, I don't think it would ever happen. I have turned people IRL onto PS, so they could get information. I don't know for sure if they ever took me up on it. I even tell strangers to look into it (acquaintances of my husband, kids, etc.). Mostly I'm the only one around with such a keen interest in jewelry. I do have my eldest daughter who shares my "hobby".

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anyone IRL who's as obsessive about jewelry as I am, except for my mom & sister. I'm sure neither of them are here!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure I’m IRL friends with at least one PSer. We always seem to have liked the same jewelry on Instagram. I never knew she had such flawless taste :halo:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only met one IRL PSer but it was because of PS that we met not the other way around. I can't imagine going to a GTG, I was nervous enough meeting one!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn i went to a gtg a few months ago and it was more fun than i was expecting! i thought it might be cliquey or judgy tbh but everyone was super nice and the activities were interesting. i had a friend in town though so split the time between ps stuff and friend time which made it less intense i suppose.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Not from here...yet....but I have a group of women friends who struggled with infertility as I did, 16-18 years ago. We ALL now have 15 1/2 year old children, and most of us have reconnected on FB and IG, watching these kids go from babyhood to teenagers has been a great blessing, and I'll never forget what we all went through to have these children. I have met several in person over the years, and it's a gift. Also, three great friends from a midlife crisis forum when our spouses left us-friends and even vacay buddies after 9 years of long distance friendships. My 'true' BFF, college roomie, thinks I am a bit kookoo, the things I do online...BUT my ring from WF is yet another gift from being open to the world, vast and far-reaching. (PS I'd say something, or invite her along. She'll love it here)

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup, I've got a few people from PS I would call my friends.

However on the weekend I took the kerosene eagle up to QLD to finally catch up with @aussiejamie and Justin from Black Opal Direct, a couple blokes I consider friends and mentors. I'd post our 'boats n beers' trip photo but I'm not sure if they are OK with it so I will hold off for now :saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to reread to be sure what you meant. I am 99.9% sure none of my real life friends are on PS because no one I know is into jewelry as far as I can tell.

But yes, I have made real life friends from this forum, and I am most thankful for that!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I would be received at a GTG so I would probably not go to one. There are people here I like online but I am a very private person. I am sad to have missed meeting @Tekate and @Maria D when I was visiting their area, but I am pretty sure they would have been very friendly and gracious despite our vast political differences. Besides, there are scads of things to discuss instead of politics.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I would be received at a GTG so I would probably not go to one. There are people here I like online but I am a very private person. I am sad to have missed meeting @Tekate and @Maria D when I was visiting their area, but I am pretty sure they would have been very friendly and gracious despite our vast political differences. Besides, there are scads of things to discuss instead of politics.

I think meeting someone in person is very different than online much of the time. People who might be more argumentative online might be a lot nicer in person. Just a hunch. Online it is easier to hide behind the computer and just say things that in person one might not ever say or at least wouldn't say when first meeting someone. Does that make sense? Anyway @redwood66 I can only speak for myself of course but our political differences wouldn't get in the way of a lovely GTG. And I bet for most PSers they would feel the same. My .02 for what it is worth.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 -

You would have been more than welcome at our Boston GTG last October. It was a very friendly group, and I would have loved to have met you! :wavey:

I think meeting someone in person is very different than online much of the time. People who might be more argumentative online might be a lot nicer in person. Just a hunch. Online it is easier to hide behind the computer and just say things that in person one might not ever say or at least wouldn't say when first meeting someone. Does that make sense? Anyway @redwood66 I can only speak for myself of course but our political differences wouldn't get in the way of a lovely GTG. And I bet for most PSers they would feel the same. My .02 for what it is worth.

This makes me very happy to hear ladies. Thank you. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me very happy to hear ladies. Thank you. :wavey:

@redwood66 -

If ever you're in the Boston area and would like to grab a coffee, or a little jewelry 'show and tell', feel free to drop me a line! But please be sure to bring that GORGEOUS DKJ rose gold ring that was made with your recycled wedding ring diamonds; I love that ring!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Totally agree. It makes me sad to think we're losing our ability as a society to disagree with someone and still be friends or at least cordial. I don't believe anyone would make you feel unwelcome at a g2g redwood, i sincerely hope not and would be happy to meet you if I was there.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree. It makes me sad to think we're losing our ability as a society to disagree with someone and still be friends or at least cordial. I don't believe anyone would make you feel unwelcome at a g2g redwood, i sincerely hope not and would be happy to meet you if I was there.
Thank you. I agree with the bold. I feel that the internet has ruined the concept of manners and respect in some cases. Or maybe it has just amplified what was already there? I hate to think that is the case but who knows? Opinions and disagreements are fine of course and healthy to a point.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surely political differences wouldn't be an issue. I hope that most people here are above that. I would love to hang out at a gtg, @redwood66! In fact, if you are ever in the Houston area let me know! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results