shape
carat
color
clarity

Iowa-Illinois Get Together!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
It''s spring and it''s warm and (knocks on wood) no more snow and awful weather! The general consensus in the last IA-IL G2G thread was that we''d like to wait until spring so we could be more sure of driving conditions...is there still interest now that the sun has returned to the midwest??

If you''d like to meet, we should probably figure where first. I think that there were several people around Central IL, Dancingqueen and I are both in the Quad Cities, and one or two in East/Central IA. The Quad Cities could be a fun place to meet, or we could maybe try to find somewhere in the middle. I''m OK with driving a little bit if that means I can meet more fabulous PSers!

Then there''s when...I''m guessing weekends will be best for most people? The days I know won''t be able to meet are May 8th, the 24th, and then the last weekend in May.

Sooooooo....get out your calendar and let''s start planning!
1.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the Quad Cities too!!! I''d love to get together. I hope we can figure out a good place to meet. You know Iceman is out this way too.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it might be a little too late, but I think Haven or someone was planning on heading down to Urbana-Champaign this weekend?

If not this week, I''d love to meet you all. Even if it involves a little driving. If I may, can I ask you guys one little favor? I''m getting married in June, so would it be alright if we meet in May?

P.S. - I haven''t gotten around to taking pictures, but I have birthday bling to show off!
31.gif

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I prefer weekends too. The Saturdays, 10th and 17th are good for me at this point. My mother will be in town visiting May 22-28 so those days are out for me

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I have a wedding May 24, and I''m seeing Wicked for the first time on the 25th (yeah!) so that weekend is out for me.
I''m in Central Illinois...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sizzle! Awesome that there's another Q-Cer!!! Definitely, if there are more PSers in our area, direct 'em to this thread! I think Strm is in Rockford (?), which isn't too far either... I remember that it seemed like there were a TON of us in the same 2 hr radius from the "Where are you from?" thread.

Sooo....May...would a Sunday afternoon be easier than a Saturday? Or would most prefer Saturdays?

Sun May 4?

Sunday the 11th is mother's day - will anyone be out of town? We could do the 10th, if that's better?

17th/18th?

24th-25th - out for Starset (you are gonna LOOOOOVE Wicked!!), Dancinqueen and me

31st-1st - out for me, and starting to get into June for Onvacation (WHAT? you're holding out on us with pics?!?!? Hey now!)

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I prefer Saturdays, but would not rule out a Sunday. Given that, I''m open the following days:

Sun, May 4
Sat, May 10
both 17th-18th

I''d like to avoid Mother''s Day since I don''t know what family events will arise...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
BUMP!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Any interest?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Looks like the weekend of 17-18 works best for everyone, don''t you think?

Monarch64
somethingshiny
Haven
Catmom
omieluv

Wanna drive to Quad Cities?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m down for that weekend!

I was trying to think of a fun place around here to go - the East Village of Davenport has a couple of small places to eat and some cute shops (for that matter, so does LeClaire, and it''s right off of 80).

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 9:01:58 AM
Author: Starset Princess
Looks like the weekend of 17-18 works best for everyone, don''t you think?

Monarch64
somethingshiny
Haven
Catmom
omieluv

Wanna drive to Quad Cities?
Oooh, does that mean I don''t have to drive and you''ll send me a limo to Champaign?
31.gif

J/K. Are we still meeting or what? Where? (I guess this would depend largely on where everyone lives.. Is Peoria or Bloomington good middle ground?)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I would LOVE to meet - my semester is ending this week, so I''m sorry I haven''t been more active in setting things up.

Is the 17th still open?? I wouldn''t mind going to Peoria at all. Who all is in??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
sorry I haven''t posted. I had to wait and see what''s going on with the various graduations in my family. The 17-18 is the only weekend I could do it, but I still don''t know for sure if I could make it.

Please post all the info and directions, and I''ll let you know closer to the date. Anything off 80 would be easiest for me, but I''m willing to go further in with good directions.

And, thanks girls for setting this up!

Hopefully, we''ll be seeing each other soon!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
17th is good for me

Quad Cities would be much further but I would drive that far and Bloomington is only 1.5 hours for me, however Peoria is good, too

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys, that weekend doesn''t work for me...maybe next time. Have fun!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Peoria is VERY good for me, but I know it would be quite a drive from QC.

Monnie, I wish I could meet you! You are so funny!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m okay with Peoria...it''s about 2 hrs, but one of my good friends is there, so if she''s free, it''s doubly worth the drive. :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to recall the jewelry stores in Peoria. There''s a Bremer''s, they carry Scott Kay and lots of designers. Jones Bros, which I actually haven''t been to because they have odd hours. Ketay Jewelers I''ve heard of but don''t know anything about. Potter and Anderson is a nice little jewelry store, and they also have some collectibles. The only other ones I can think of are the maul jewelers, Kay, Zales, Rogers and Holland, etc. But, there are two malls in Peoria. One of them is all indoor, the other is an outdoor-type mall. The stores aren''t connected with interior halls, it''s all open outside each store.

Food in Peoria: Everything from Maid Rite and Steak & Shake, to Cheddars and Applebees, to nice little Italian places.

just let me know, I''m probably closest, and I can find more info if necessary.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for thinking of me, but that weekend does not work (or this month really) for me. Hope everyone that goes has a fun time and be sure to take plenty of pictures!!

Wasn't there supposed to be a get together in Chicago, perhaps i am behind the times or perhaps it was never discussed?!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Bremer is actually where I got my w-set! I wouldn't mind visiting :) I only vaguely know where their Peoria store is, though.

Mmmmm there's an Avanti's in Peoria... (I'm an ISU alum - Avanti's = home) but I can go literally anywhere, not picky at all :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Peoria is right off Rte 6, 29, or 74. I'm not sure where you live exactly, but it's around 90 miles from Peoria to Davenport on 74.

Oh the bread!! Avanti's sounds good!

eta- the hwys were listed for everyone to know how to get to Peoria so we can see if it'll work.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Would Sunday work better for anyone? I sortof threw out the 17th randomly, and thinking about it, the 18th would actually be better for me. I know Bremer IS open on Sundays until 4pm (opens at noon).

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and Bremer is on University, just a couple blocks off of War Memorial/150.

Sunday would probably be better for me, too.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 11:19:38 PM
Author: Elmorton
Bremer is actually where I got my w-set! I wouldn''t mind visiting :) I only vaguely know where their Peoria store is, though.

Mmmmm there''s an Avanti''s in Peoria... (I''m an ISU alum - Avanti''s = home) but I can go literally anywhere, not picky at all :)
I''m an ISU alum too! 1997
35.gif

Sunday works better for me, too!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
argh! I have to have an endoscopy that Monday morning, so I''m not supposed to eat anything as of Saturday midnight. I guess I could come and sip tea and admire the baubles, though.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Somethingshiny, would Saturday be better? (And is everything OK? Endoscopies don't sound too fun..)

ETA: Starset, Go You Redbirds! I'm a recent alum - '05, '07. :) Have you been to campus recently? I just drove through B-N two weeks ago, and I can't believe how much it has changed in just the year since I left. They've started building the Alumni center in the old Eagle building and my jaw dropped when I read they're finally going to tear down Walker/Dunn-Barton...my mom lived there in '70. Can't wait to meet you, I'm sure we'll have to swap some ISU stories. :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Who all is going and which day do you prefer??

I''m *probably* going. DH works second shift and sometimes HAS to work wknds. But, other than that, I''ll be there. I guess Saturday would be better because of the procedure preparations on Sunday. But, if everyone else wants to do Sunday, I''ll manage.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I'm in! Saturday or Sunday will work, though Sunday is easier for me.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, this weekend is not going to work for me to travel to Peoria. We are moving to a new house soon and I have serious packing to do and can''t afford to lose a whole day.

I would love to meet some PS ladies sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results