shape
carat
color
clarity

Iolite and Green Tourmaline Pendant in YG

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've liked this pendant for at least a year, perhaps two, and I suddenly became scared that someone would buy it so I got it. It had been in the store a quite a long time so I got 10% off. It was inexpensive and I think looks a lot more than I paid. I already had the chain from ages ago and knew this pendant would suit it. It's iolite and green tourmaline set in 18k on an 18k chain. I always said that I don't like big bales but this one seems to suit the style of the pendant. Hope you like it!

dscn0338.jpg

dscn0337.jpg

dscn0341.jpg

dscn0345.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love the bold colors, which I'm sure look even more vibrant in person. And I also think it's just fantastic that you went with your gut and bought the pendant before someone else did. I bet it will go with a lot, too, dressy or casual.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, Jambalaya! I love all the pieces you have posted! I love the flower piece too!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Soprano and Luv! The photos came out a little dark. The pendant's colors are brighter in real life, and what I always loved about it was the contrast of blue with the bright yellow. And you don't see a lot of iolite.

The same store had some gorgeous pear-shape drop earrings and I loved them, but someone else got them! They were boulder opal, so bright, bright blues and aquas, set in bezels of deep yellow gold on thick yellow shepherd hooks. The contrast of the blue opal outlined in yellow gold was wonderful, and I put off buying them, and they disappeared! I still feel heartache when I look at that case in the store! So I just decide to get these, what with Mother's Day and a holiday weekend coming up, I thought this pendant was high-risk for sudden disappearance, too!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I sure love iolite and a blue/green combo reels me in every time whether its clothing or jewels. I like the contemporary vibe to it also. You've got a wide ranging collection of bling, sweet!!!

You're keeping the Canadian economy going, Jambie, good going!! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rich colors Jambalaya. Hope you enjoy wearing it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks azstonie and LLJSmom! I've like buying color and different shapes and sizes. I like to paint, so I like to mess about with color. I' not really keeping the Canadian economy going though - my two pendants were bought at least 15 months apart! I've had the maple leaf for ages.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
This is also wonderful! You've been busy. ;-)

I really love yellow gold so I'm quite enamoured of this piece.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too busy - it might look as if I got it all at once, but really I get stuff and don't post it for a a year or two! V. bad ps'er. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I say better late than never! I love the elegant lines of the pieces you choose - the green tourmaline and the deep blue iolite look absolutely lovely together.

Oh, and we'll happily take your pics whenever you get around to it! :wink2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the special note you wrote to me letting me know that this was on SMTB, Jambalaya. I love the pendant, and, of course, I love the bale! I am very old-fashioned in my tastes and infinitely prefer the look of a bale and the way it has a pendant hang.
In addition, I love iolite and tourmaline (neither of which I have ever owned). I have some inexpensive emeralds from Colombia, but they are really just souvenirs -mementos-of a trip there. They are not a deep green. I also have some deep blue tanzanite. But I think your choice of stones is wonderful. I envy you the addition of iolite and tourmaline to your collection. But perhaps you already had these gems? Do tell!

Wear the lovely necklace (with the high karat yellow gold) in good health!

Big hugs,
Deb :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color combo. They look fabulous together. How are you going to decide what to wear?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, AGBF and Marcy! AGBF - no, I didn't already have the stones. There's a store a few towns over from where I live which sells mostly inexpensive semi-precious gemstone jewelry set in silver. I did a thread about it this weekend. However, they have the occasional piece of higher-end 18k jewelry too, and I've liked this piece for probably a couple of years. With Mother's Day and the holiday weekend I was afraid someone would buy it, so I finally got it.

Marcy, it's easy to decide what to wear, because I rarely wear any jewelry! I've been home-based for a longtime until recently and many of the things I've posted this weekend, I've rarely or never worn. I reason that I'll wear them in the future though.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results