shape
carat
color
clarity

Inviting big families

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honestly

Rough_Rock
I want a 75 person wedding. Between my fiance and i, we have a lot of friends and I want them all there. the problem is my fiance has a large family, 95% of which he never talks to or has seen in years. i have a big family but am only inviting those that really are family and not just genetically related . He says he has to invite all of his family. That puts us about 25 people over. I just don''t know how to make him understand that it''s not worth the money. What do you guys think? Am I being unreasonable by telling him he needs to cut out family memebers

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I understand your dilemma I''ve had a bit of that going on myself. So here''s my question, what''s the family dynamic like in his family? Even though they don''t talk 90% of the time, is it because they are estranged or just lazy? Do they still invite each other to everything? E.g. FI only sees some of his family once or twice a year..but his family invites everyone to everything to be polite. Just something to consider. If his family dynamic isn''t this way, I recommend trying to compromise by cutting across certain lines; e.g. all second cousins, then all cousins, etc.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would either try and cut it across a line as pp said only first cousins or something. If his family isn''t that close and doesn''t see each other, do you think that they will actually come to the wedding? Maybe it is just a curtesy invite thing and none of them will come.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results