shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitations and family

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So I have several cousins that are in college, do I send them a separate invitation or can I send one to the family to include all the cousins that are off in school etc???

It would be so nice to save on the number of invites!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they still technically live with their parents during the summers, holidays, etc., I''d include them on their parents'' invitation. If they live on their own and support themselves, then I think they should get their own invitation. That is not according to an etiquette book...just my personal common sense!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know the official rule, but I''d think you can include them on their parents invitations unless you''re inviting them with a guest, in which case they would need their own invitation.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
If they are over 18 you usually send them their own invite. Especially if you are inviting them with a guest.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies! I''m mulling over this but haven''t asked my mom yet.

DS2006 - Some of them do and some of them don''t, and I want to keep it all uniform. Seems easier that way I guess, but I see your point.

Princess & Blair - The whole guest thing has me thinking that I had better send them all separate. I just don''t know who has a BF/GF and who doesn''t. And it would be the polite thing to offer the option to my family I would think. Grrrr.

So if family has a BF/GF, do you automatically invite them? Or only if you know they have one or have been introduced to the family???

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 5:27:55 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
So if family has a BF/GF, do you automatically invite them? Or only if you know they have one or have been introduced to the family???

Totally up to you. I personally wouldn''t feel obligated to invite the younger family member with a boyfriend or girlfriend, especially if budget and space was an issue.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 6:46:01 PM
Author: Clairitek

Totally up to you. I personally wouldn''t feel obligated to invite the younger family member with a boyfriend or girlfriend, especially if budget and space was an issue.
++

I probably wouldn''t be inviting the bf/gf, unless your cousins are in grad school or higher and in a serious committed relationship.

Etiquette wise, if they''re above 18, they must get their own separate invite. Butttt, to save cost, I would probably send a joint invite to the family since their "permanent" residence is still the parent''s house.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Clairitek and Kama_s! After talking with H last night and going through his A list along with mine (which are both too long), I think we have decided that single people just aren''t going to get to bring a date. Some may think its harsh, but we simply can''t afford to feed people we don''t know, or give them favors, or programs etc etc. Cousins included! If I have never heard of cousin jane''s BF or he has never been introduced to the family, then he doesn''t get to come! After subtracting all the +1 after people''s names, I think the list is going to be a lot more manageable!

Thank you for the help girls!

As far as sending invites to cousins not living at home yet, I haven''t made a decision yet. Think I had better talk to good old mom first. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results