shape
carat
color
clarity

invitation wording

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ktkakes

Rough_Rock
I want to have an adult only reception. do i just put it right on my invitation or do i hope that people will get it that the invitation only says mr. and mrs.?

whats everyones thoughts?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
People will not assume they can''t bring their kids just because the invite says Mr. and Mrs. You will likely have to explicitly state it is an adults only reception.

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
firegoddess is half right. people won''t assume, but it''s not etiquette(if you care) to put adult only. What we are doing is verbalizing thru other family and friends that we don''t care for kids at the wedding. We are using the $$ factor. Of course some will be there, but I trust it won''t be enough to make a difference

cara

Ideal_Rock
You are not supposed to put "adults only" on the invite, but you will have to beat people over the head with who is invited and who isn''t, and be prepared to call people when they rsvp for more than were invited. It also helps to have it at a not-kid-friendly time and make the invites formal so people (those inclined to take a hint) will take the hint. But some people are hint resistant.

Places where you can emphasize who is invited:
(1) using some version of an inner envelope where you write the names of the people invited
(2) on the rsvp card, you can write "___ of _2_" attending (where you have gone through all the response cards to individually fill in the number invited). This is not fool proof as some people will send back "4 of 2 attending" and some people might substitute their child for their husband, who can''t make it.
(3) You can also write specific RSVP cards listing the names of each person invited if you want to be truly anal.

ktkakes

Rough_Rock
even though its not proper do put adult only reception i just may have to. my FI sister is getting married this may and of their family members whos invitation said mr. and mrs. replied 8.. not 3 not 4 ... 8! and there were a couple of other people whom did so as well!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah - it may not be ''etiquette'' to say adults only on the invite, but it will certainly dispel any confusion there may be about the whole thing. Which could happen if you rely on ''word of mouth''...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results