shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
My mom read somewhere that it''s a good idea to assign everyone on your guest list (well, each family at least) a number and to then write this number on the back of their response card (small & in a corner) before you send out your invites. Some people don''t think to write in their name on the response card and then you have no idea who''s just told you who is or isn''t coming!

My mom did this with my sister''s bat mitzvah invites and so far it''s come in handy several times. Just thought I''d throw this out there!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that is a great idea, Robbie. Thanks for sharing!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie -- what an awesome idea! Thanks for passing it on.

Before my sister got married my parents were receiving all the response cards and a few didn''t put their name on the cards. Luckily, the reply cards (pretty untraditional) had a line that included the person''s name AND a place for their e-mail address, in case someone wanted to receive additional info. about the wedding via e-mail. Some people forgot to sign their name but a few had at least written in their e-mail address. It wasn''t too hard to figure out who the cards belonged to -- my mom just forwarded the addresses to my sister and her fiance (now husband) and let them figure out who the cards belonged to. In all these cases, the forgetful people were friends of my sisters and her husband.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a fantastic idea Robbie. For those who are perfectionists, you can get a black light pen at home depot and mark the back with that. It''s undetectable to the naked eye, but when you shine a little pocket black light on it, TA DA, you can see the number.

I will need to make sure I take this advice when I send out my invites!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 5:35:50 PM
Author: neatfreak
That is a fantastic idea Robbie. For those who are perfectionists, you can get a black light pen at home depot and mark the back with that. It''s undetectable to the naked eye, but when you shine a little pocket black light on it, TA DA, you can see the number.

I will need to make sure I take this advice when I send out my invites!
Another great idea!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
robbie that''s a brilliant idea -- am just now finishing up my invites and response cards and I believe I will go back through and do that!!
Thanks for that, had been stressing over not receiving them back and not knowing who to call

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results