shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction!

leshi19

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Am very excited to be joining this wonderful community so let me introduce myself and SO. I'm a recently graduated high school teacher and SO is a maths graduate. We're currently living together and are about to begin the ER process so I guess I'm only just a LIW as proposal hasn't occurred yet. I look forward to many years drooling on my keyboard because of PS :love:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope your stay isn't too many years! LOL.

Have you been able to find a good teaching job?

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
yay, another teacher!

welcome :wavey: how exciting! have you and SO gone ring shopping or discussed your preferences?

leshi19

Rough_Rock
Lol yes actually I hope I manage to move from the LIW before more years have passed - it's already been 4.5!

I don't have a full time job yet, just doing casual work for the moment... Hmmm, is it called casual work in other countries as well? I'm Australian and am trying to think if there's an overseas equivalent for casual teaching or if it's the same... don't know lol

We have been ring shopping and are about to start the scary custom ring making process eek!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I can't wait to hear what your ring will look like. I hope your stay is short and sweet and the design process goes smoothly. Good luck!

P.S. I live in the U.S. and I can't say I've ever heard the term casual teaching. Is it maybe like a substitute teacher where you teach a class if the normal teacher is absent? Or is it more like a tutor?

lisalikessparkles

Rough_Rock
Welcome Welcome!!

I'm only very new here myself - Australian too - Sydney NSW. You?
I have alot of friends recently out, all doing casual till a full time position pops up. I hear its pretty hard to get a full time gig right out of Uni so best of luck! SO's parents are both retired teachers so I'm surrounded by them - crazy bunch!! :)

I am going nuts today. I really thought maybe today would be the day.
it's the first time I have seen our new home and I just had this feeling maybe he would propose in the house.. but the real estate agent was there, and we had a tiff in the car before we even arrived (teehee!!). It ended in laughter though, so all is ok.
He has suggested when we actually move in that we should have a nice picnic by candlelight, so god help me it had better be then!!
6 weeks away. What a killer. :(

I have a friend going overseas this week too, and I have a feeling they might get engaged overseas.. obviously we can't get engaged immediately after so I really hope it happens sooner rather than later otherwise we'll have to push it back again.
God I am KICKING myself for finding out anything - I was happy just plugging along and now I'm LIW-zilla.

:(((((

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I'm also a teacher--- did my "time"... with casual as I guess you all call it-- Filling in for maternity leaves and such- this is my 4th year "full time" teaching. Love getting kids excited about reading and learning (and I say that after an especially frustrating day! lol)-- so best of luck finding a full-time job!
I'm also in the process of finding an E-ring... Hope that we both are off the list in no time :bigsmile:

leshi19

Rough_Rock
Yep, substitute teacher - I knew there was a word for it, just had a mental blank :D .

I'm on the Central Coast and SO actually works in Sydney. Casual work has been a lot of fun but I'd love a steady income, especially with weddings and engagements in mind!

lisalikessparkles - Have you been ring shopping yet? We haven't locked our custom design in yet but are having stones found for us and I can imagine how bad I'll get when it gets closer to the ring actually being made - I predict having some serious LIWitis!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I'm beginning my search to find a full time teaching position too! I will graduate next month with a degree in Elementary Education!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results