shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS! It feels good to finally have an account and be able to communicate with all of you.

A little background info on me and my SO. We''ll be celebrating 5 years together next month, we''ve been living together for almost 5 years as well. We''re in the process of looking for a house, I told him that I would love to have a house warming party and announce to everyone at the party that we''re engaged! He likes that idea, so lately we''ve been looking at houses and rings, I feel so much closer to him lately too since I know we''re both on the same page. The talks of engagement and ring shopping started in December. When I was out christmas shopping by myself and got busted by his cousin in a jewellery store admiring a 3 stone emerald cut. I knew I had to come clean with my SO since the cousin threatened to make a really awkward situation at christmas dinner that weekend, so when I came clean to SO he just smiled and asked if I wanted to show him the ring!

Since then I have showed him many GOG video''s on their August Vintage diamonds, and we''ve been to many stores to get an idea on settings. I found a very reputable local jeweler that I think we''ll be working with. I walked in and asked if he had any OEC''s or OMC''s and he said I''m the first person in 25 years to ask for those! He had one is stock that was around the 1 carat mark, it was a 1.15 J SI1 (100 years old), faced up very bright, and the measurements came out making it look closer to a 1.5 carat! This was great so I mentioned this to SO that night with plans to go with him on the weekend to show him. Well Thursday evening I get an e-mail from the jeweler saying that he just got a 1.66 carat OEC in and that he thought of me right away, since it''s rare to get them and even more rare to find someone looking for it! This one is 130 years old, VVS1 J/K in colour and measures closer to a 2 carat
30.gif
. SO and I went together this past weekend and saw it and WOW I''m in love with this stone, and I kind of feel like it was meant to be since its rare that they get OEC''s in. The best part of this is that the jeweler will sell it to us for the same price as the smaller one
22.gif
!!! I tried on a few Simon G settings and showed SO the ones that I like to go with the stone so he could surprise me with the setting but at least know the style I like.

So now the waiting game begins!!! He knows I love that stone, and I showed him comparable stones online and they''re at least $1500-$4000 more expensive. I really want to call the store and put a deposit on it, but I know it would step on his toes, and money isn''t the issue. So I casually told him that I''m worried we''ll loose the stone, and he told me not to worry. I''m trying so hard not to worry and trust that he''s taking action and trying to surprise me. Thanks for taking the time to read this, can''t wait to connect with you people!
35.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
welcome to LIW... I was like that too. I felt in love with a few diamonds. Then, everytime when my bf wants to buy it, it''s sold. He just think the diamond will just wait for him. He always so "maybe it''s not meant to be yours." I thought he was just making excuses. That was before I discovered PS. I''m glad those diamonds were sold before my bf had a chance to buy them, or else I wouldn''t have found such a beautiful ideal cut diamond with such a good price. Then when we found the diamond we bought now, I told him... "remember what happened the last few times? this is the best diamond we''ve seen.... the cut is good, the price is awesome... everyone on PS is happy with it. I don''t want to miss out on a diamond again. You know what happened before..." Then, the day we saw the diamond in person, he decided to buy it.

GOOD luck!!! If it''s meant to be yours, it will be yours. I hope your bf will surprise you with a ring VERY SOON!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
Hope your stay is short and sweet

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome
1.gif
, and for the inspiring words, if it''s meant to be it will be.

I also forgot to add that while lurking I discovered engagement chicken, I made it the week of valentines day for good measure and once again a few months ago. He thought I was just being nice and cooking him something special (I''m vegetarian), but then had to tell me he''s just not crazy about the lemon, but thanks LOL. Oh well, thought I would give it a shot, I think engagement steak would be more his style.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

I hope you get that OEC! I would love to see it
18.gif

Also about engagment chicken: My BF dosn''t like lemon chicken much either and I make roasts regularly enough that it''s not exactly "special". IMO the best roast chickens I do have a heaped table spoon of crushed garlic in the cavety, a flat table spoon of ginger, a squirt of lemon juice and a whole pealed onion. Then I seperate the skin from the breast enough that I can pop some butter under the skin, salt the top of the chicken just a little, pop in an oven bag and bake for 2 hours at 180 degrees celcius. MUCH nicer then the overly lemony engagment chicken IMO.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

I''m sure your boyfriend just wants to surprise you if money isn''t an issue and he said don''t worry about it. I have a feeling that diamond is yours already
2.gif
. Even if not, it''s true that if it doesn''t happen it wasn''t meant to be so he''ll find something better!

I''ve read about that engagement chicken but never made it. I think if I did my BF would be too scared to eat it because he knows how bad I am at cooking. Then again, he eats other things I make and I''m sure they don''t taste very good. It must be love
25.gif
! Maybe I will try and make it some time soon...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results