shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I thought I would introduce myself since I anticipate my stay as LIW will be long. I love looking at rings!! I have been with my boyfriend (more of a partner/best friend/companion/etc) for over 3 years. We are young though, 18. I am planning on going to medical school in two years and would love to married right around then. We know we want to get married even with our age.

I have met many people in college, many nice, intelligent guys that seem on the outside to be perfect to date. But as I get to know them as friends, I often lose any inkling of even friendship. There are usually several characteristics or traits that drive me crazy. I love my boyfriend so much.

Funny thing is, I never would have dated him if I thought it would last as long as it did. We work, though I would''t have anticipated us to connect well. But we do. He keeps me grounded from flying away with crazy ideas. He supports me in school when I am beyond stressed and cranky as all get out. We have had to spend a lot of time apart, and when we can''t be together, I miss him so much.

He is caring and not afraid to let people know we are committed to each other. These past three years have been the most wonderful. Sometimes you don''t know what is good for you until it finds you. He is my rock.

I was wondering how you knew the guy was the right one for you. I know because of a feeling I get...but I didn''t get the feeling until about 2 1/2 years in. Was yours love at first sight? Or did it take some time?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bradie, welcome to LIW

I wasn''t sure I wanted to marry my BF until I had known him about 2 years - 1 year as a friend and one year dating. My BF isn''t someone I would have chosen to date, but he wooed me, and as it turns out we are realy great together - love just isn''t that predictable.

Do you have an engagement time table? - If you want to get married in 2 years, then will you get engaged next year - or do you want a long engagement?

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! I think we will probably get engaged in the next year to year and a half. Most of my friends think I''m crazy for even thinking about marriage, but when you know it is right...

My parents were engaged six months, which sounds like a reasonable time to me. They also got married right out of college.

I would be more than happy to get engaged right now, but both the b/f and me would like to save some more money up before spending money on a ring or a wedding. How long have you and your b/f now been together?

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Just don''t rush into anything. It''s a great thing to be young and have fun before marriage and kids.

I got married when I was 23 and had a baby soon after. I don''t regret a second of it, but sometimes I look back and wish I had taken more advantage of being carefree. Now my husband and I have bills, responsibilities, and a marriage to maintain. So take your time, enjoy just being young and in love, and when the time is right you will know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results