shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I''ve been with my guy for about 1 year & 10 months. He started giving me major clues last October, starting with arbitrarily asking the size of my ring finger. Then watching "Say Yes to the Dress" with me and commenting on dresses, etc. Then in December "happening" upon a jewelry store while we were in the mall (though he despises mall ''jewelry'' stores) and figuring out I like white gold, princess cuts and side stones. Then later in the month asking how I envisioned my proposal. So after driving myself all nutty, I finally calmed down (thanks to my BF).

So we all know the economy is sucky and he got laid off last month. He has been in a real funk the last few days and I finally just pressed about what was bothering him. He didn''t want to tell me, but didn''t want me stressing over what was bothering him. Well, yesterday he told me that he was planning on getting the e-ring this month and proposing next month when we visit my parents out of state. EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said he hated to ruin the surprise element of it but he''s hoping he can still pull it off. I did tell him that knowing it''s coming won''t make it any less special. I also gave him the option of no ring or a "placeholder" but he nixed that one really quickly. For me, knowing I''m going to be spending my life with him is good enough until the money is in place to buy a ring but he wants to go the traditional route, which I respect.

But now it''s really, officially, a waiting game.

Oh, and he made me PROMISE not to tell ANYONE! I asked if I could tell random strangers (sorry, that''s you guys) and he said yes. But he said no friends, no family, no cryptic Facebook or blog posts. And I am about bursting at the seams here! :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!

Welcome to LIW
35.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to LIW!!! I''m a future Mrs. S as well!
35.gif

Thanks for sharing your story! I hope he is able to find a new job soon and that he will be able to carry through on his ring and proposal plans! Best of luck to BOTH of you!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW!!!
35.gif

I too am a future Mrs S! Hope your stay is short. The economy is making some LIWs'' waits even longer, including mine. Hopefully, you will get your proposal soon though!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Sounds exciting! Just goes to show that when a man wants to marry the girl he loves, NOTHING will stand in his way.

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, and good luck to the two of you as you go through this exciting time!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!! How exciting!!!! Welcome to the group and I guess it''s gonna be a very short and sweet stay for you!!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!

It all sounds wonderful, you must be sooooo exciiiteeeed! How cool that you are joining the list knowing too well that a proposal is on the way, and very soon!

Sending you ***DUST***

dinamit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results