shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction and trunk shows?

sjm

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to take a chance and introduce myself! FI and I got engaged about 2 weeks ago and due to my planning ocd, major discussions and plans are underway!

We are going to get married Aug 12, 2012 at my parent's home in the backyard. The tent man has capped us at an absolute maxium of 200 (with no dancefloor) but suggested 170 would be about ideal. We are currently trying to identify areas of the front yard/basement that could be used and how to allow for good traffic flow etc...

I have made a few appointments for dresses and so my question is - does anyone have experience with trunk shows? One of the salons I have booked an appointment at has 1 or 2 trunk shows going on the week of my appointment and while I have experience with regular dress appointments from having had sisters get married, I am not sure how a trunk show might differ... thoughts?

Thanks for letting me join you!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Every store can choose to run a trunk show differently. We book regular appointments, but usually are open a few extra hours. When we have a trunk show with our lines, they send us most of the new dresses from the current collection. They won't send old styles and it's rare that you get EVERYTHING from the current season. Usually it's their top sellers. So, the store will have an extra 15 or so dresses in for a few days.

Most of our lines allow us to discount 10% during a trunk show, but I know Maggie Sottero sent out information last week that they will no longer permit this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results