carat
color
clarity

Intro!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi fellow sufferers of LIW-itis :p

I've been a lurker here for 1 year+, so I'm finally making my first official post after finally opening an account last month to view the Preloved section (I'm sure PS has appreciated a sudden exponential increase in registered users in the last month lol).

I originally found PS after we got scammed through an eBay purchase whilst purchasing my first mini "bauble" (i guess it'd be similar to a "promise ring", but I hesitate to call it that since it reminds me of grade school). We purchased a 1.02 carat, F radiant that was clarity enhanced to a SI1... Took it to a local B&M jeweler to confirm the specs, and viola! It's a piece of junk.. It wasn't even a warm yellow tint, it was a murky brownish tint with carbon spots and bubbles all in it.. The jeweler was shocked they even wasted their time clarity enhancing it.. Thank GOD for PayPal protection.. So we instead got a GIA cert'ed, much smaller, but less.. "rock".. stone :)

Anyway, I've learned ALOT about diamonds in the last year of obsessing and pressing F5 on the "Show Me the Bling" side, hoping for more blingasms.. I think I have a problem ;-) but there's a never ending education provided here!! And I feel I can never learn enough :p

So, enough history, onto "us". We've been an "us" for almost 2 years now. We're both relatively young (in our mid 20's). HE was the one to actually bring up the whole marriage/future talk.. So I guess I got saved from that burden. He wants me to wait until I'm done with school, though, before he proposes, and he won't clarify if that's when I'm done with which level of schooling >:O. I feel crazy, asking him what feels like daily!

So I'm hoping to get to know a few of you ladies, and vent with you all :) and hope that this upcoming holiday season brings plenty of LIW sign-offs <3. My stay is anticipated to be "longer", so I'd like to see how many spots I move ;-)

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I joined for the same reason you did - couldnt fathom not being able to see all the pretty stuff for sale.

Our stories seems similar - SO and I are 24 and 23, we are in school and have been together for 2.5 years. Only difference is Im expecting to get married right out of school and you are looking to get engaged then. Lets hope both of our stays on this board are short and that we soon have big pretty sparklies to show off on STMB!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I was starting to feel rejected there. 25 views, and no responses! Ideally, I'd love to already be marrying then, right after grad, as that'd be just extra reason to celebrate!! But, realistically, I don't think I have time to be planning any large gathering while I'm praying to textbooks lol.

So your popping of the Q should be coming soon soon soon then!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure totally about when the ring will be coming... :???: At this point, I'm just letting all the things Ive said to him marinate in his system. The other day he said something about half of his summer money going to a ring before he even gets his hands on it - so that sounds promising! hahahah I had a friend who planned her wedding during the first year of law school and got married the first week after that year- now THAT is crazy - I will be planning during a somewhat relaxed third year.
Whats your school situation? Im assuming youre in undergrad since you said which degree...?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'm an older undergrad ;-). Thankfully, he's all done with that.

I noticed yday in class that a large chunk of my classmates are engaged!! Unless it's a new trend to wear baubles on the left ring finger? Or for already married women to not wear an accompanying band. Must admit, it made me antsy to see!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?
    Scorpio Style
    Scorpio Style
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.