shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet Sales in US

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve62384

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My partner and I have recently set up an internet site selling diamonds in the UK. We have a long way to go in the UK to come anywhere near you Americans.

There has been some bad press in the UK recently about buying diamonds over the internet and I was thinking of replying to some of this bad press.

I was therefore wondering if anyone can tell me what % of diamond sales in the US are via the internet?

Many thanks

Steve

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What type of bad press?

steve62384

Rough_Rock
Sunday Mail 17 November "Diamond pushers with a history of lies and fraud" The article was about investing in diamonds and namely a company called Pastor-Geneve based in Belgium. When this article came out there was a noticable drop in enquiries!

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Total diamond sales over the net here in America are still a single digit percentage. Very low.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Steve62384:

While the % of internet diamond sales in relation to total U.S diamond sales may still be low, I am sure there are 100's of satisfied consumers who can attest to a wonderful diamond buying experience from an "internet" company. We have sold to many UK customers who have felt very safe wiring large amounts to our company.

It may just take you some time to break into the culture of the British buyer.

Good luck!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

steve62384

Rough_Rock
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Are there any official figures I can quote anywhere?

Steve

steve62384

Rough_Rock
Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the kind words, I think and hope you are right.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results