shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting weekend conversation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Every night before we go to bed, BF and I like to chat. Usually he'll ask me to tell him something or ask me to tell him what's on my mind at the moment.

So this weekend wasn't any different. But when he asked I told him I was thinking two things. One, that I wanted to marry him. Two, I worry that he might get tired of me in the forever sense. I don't have doubts but the mind does wander at times, you never know what will happen. Anyways he immediately gets worried and wants me to tell him all my fears. Being that I've done this "forever" thing once before and it blew up in my face and the ex (my only other relationship besides ex-husband and current bf) didn't want forever, I have some silly irrationsal "what ifs" running through my head. We all have gotten hurt before and unfortunately its the people that follow the people who hurt us that have these hurdles to overcome. Anyways so BF tells me that he's known that I'm the woman of his dreams and the love of his life since he was away on the trips during the holidays. So much so that he told his mom last week that he wanted to marry me (up until this point he had only told his dad who would like it if we were engaged before he moves in this summer. ) I didn't know that. He also told me that he already knew when and how he was going to do it and I better be ready cause its going to be really good. He said that the only thing is figuring out how to pay for the ring, but it will be soon.

So now I'm all
33.gif
and
9.gif
cause I didn't know he had plans and a timeline done up. I knew he talked to his dad but telling his mom is big. I'm not sure when its going to happen originally I thought for sure within this year. But I have a feeling it might be by summer. Like I said previously, we have plans to visit his family late spring early summer. And plans to go to his favorite childhood spot, at a local beach while there. Now I have a feeling it might happen while we are there because I think he would love having his parents around for it. Crazy huh? Anyways I can't stop thinking about it! I'm all loopy with excitement. Just wanted to share
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I like that you both tell each other something before you go to sleep. Very sweet... it is comforting to know that the man you share your bed with wants to marry you... and has proposing on the brain.

GOOD LUCK!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
aww that''s really great!!

I love that he asks you what you''re thinking. I always do that to BF and wonder if I''m just weird.
3.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Dreamgir:l that quote in your signature is one of my favorite quotes! im glad someone else appreciates it too
5.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
its our ritual now that every night we ask each other to tell the other person something we dont know, either it be a fleeting thought, an event from the day, a joke, whatever. that way we dont forget to say the things we should say sometimes i dont have anything new to say so i just tell him how much he means to me and vice versa its a great way to fall asleep
2.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the grammatical errors im using my phone to pricescope at work

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:45:27 PM
Author: Cupcake*Muffin
Dreamgir:l that quote in your signature is one of my favorite quotes! im glad someone else appreciates it too
5.gif
Thank you love! Which one? (I'm going to guess you mean the top one)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:58:49 PM
Author:Cupcake*Muffin
Every night before we go to bed, BF and I like to chat. Usually he''ll ask me to tell him something or ask me to tell him what''s on my mind at the moment.

So this weekend wasn''t any different. But when he asked I told him I was thinking two things. One, that I wanted to marry him. Two, I worry that he might get tired of me in the forever sense. I don''t have doubts but the mind does wander at times, you never know what will happen. Anyways he immediately gets worried and wants me to tell him all my fears. Being that I''ve done this ''forever'' thing once before and it blew up in my face and the ex (my only other relationship besides ex-husband and current bf) didn''t want forever, I have some silly irrationsal ''what ifs'' running through my head. We all have gotten hurt before and unfortunately its the people that follow the people who hurt us that have these hurdles to overcome. Anyways so BF tells me that he''s known that I''m the woman of his dreams and the love of his life since he was away on the trips during the holidays. So much so that he told his mom last week that he wanted to marry me (up until this point he had only told his dad who would like it if we were engaged before he moves in this summer. ) I didn''t know that. He also told me that he already knew when and how he was going to do it and I better be ready cause its going to be really good. He said that the only thing is figuring out how to pay for the ring, but it will be soon.

So now I''m all
33.gif
and
9.gif
cause I didn''t know he had plans and a timeline done up. I knew he talked to his dad but telling his mom is big. I''m not sure when its going to happen originally I thought for sure within this year. But I have a feeling it might be by summer. Like I said previously, we have plans to visit his family late spring early summer. And plans to go to his favorite childhood spot, at a local beach while there. Now I have a feeling it might happen while we are there because I think he would love having his parents around for it. Crazy huh? Anyways I can''t stop thinking about it! I''m all loopy with excitement. Just wanted to share
30.gif

Great news!!! =)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s superb news!
36.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s wonderful!

I wish more men around here would tell their anxious girlfriends their plans when it comes to engagement. I can only imagine how much stress that would alleviate!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:57:19 PM
Author: Cupcake*Muffin
its our ritual now that every night we ask each other to tell the other person something we dont know, either it be a fleeting thought, an event from the day, a joke, whatever. that way we dont forget to say the things we should say sometimes i dont have anything new to say so i just tell him how much he means to me and vice versa its a great way to fall asleep
2.gif
I absolutely love that. It''s so sweet and romantic!

Yay for the wonderful news! The possible proposal plans (hometown, childhood beach, family, etc.) sound so dreamy...but make sure you''re not hung up on a proposal and you take in the history and beauty of it all.
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Sounds like excellent news. I also like that you tell each other something right before bed -- so cute!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
That''s wonderful!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww... that''s so awesome!!
1.gif
36.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Your post made me smile. I bet you are feeling like a million bucks inside!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Awww, that''s really sweet and also really awesome... Me and the boyfriend actually had a similar conversation two weekends ago in bed... it''s so great when you can snuggle up with the person when really romantic things are said.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results