shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting (&GREAT) experience w/pear shapes at GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marjan12

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

I just wanted to share with you guys a very interesting and GREAT experience I had at Good Old Gold. I''ve been in contact w/Jonathan for weeks now re: his finding me a pear shape.

My parameters were: a great cut, a certain shape and a very minimal bowtie. We were looking at a certain stone for which Jonathan sent me the ASET and IS scans. (And I posted them on the forum.) Both the ASET and IS scans showed what looked to be like a marked - very distinct - bowtie. In addition, the regular "photos" he sent seemed to show a strong bowtie, too. My Pricescoper commenters seemed to like the stone but also comment on the clear, distinct bowtie. Interestingly, Jonathan assured me that the bowtie was definitely faint and in no way distinct. (I felt like he was clearly a nice guy but how could he be saying that the bowtie was very faint when the ASET and IS scans showed it clearly as a marked one?)
All the reading I did on ASET and IS told me that certain colors would translate into a bowtie, etc., and so I was sure that the stone was not for me.

Well, when I did see the actual stone, what a surprise! There was practically no bowtie at all - at most what you''d call faint. The stone was amazing (as were the other two he called in for me.) The ASETs and ISs showed me a lot about the pears but did not lead me to the correct "picture" re: these particular pears'' bowties.

The entire experience was truly fun and exciting. Although we were looking at buying a stone (not a small thing to buy a diamond, after all...) we really were treated like royalty. The experience was delightful - from the information they shared with us to the general festive atmosphere to the kind hospitality. Truly an experience to remember over the years.

Thanks GOG - and thanks Pricescopers - for helping me out with everything.

I will post pics when my little beauty arrives:)

Thx thx thx

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS Marjan!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Marjan!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you Marjan, can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those bow-ties are tricky arent they? So great you had some experts to talk you through it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 8:02:29 PM
Author:Marjan12
Hi all -

I just wanted to share with you guys a very interesting and GREAT experience I had at Good Old Gold. I've been in contact w/Jonathan for weeks now re: his finding me a pear shape.
Very interesting indeed! I will file this important bit of info away for future reference. Thank you so much for sharing this!

And congratulations, I can't wait to see your ring!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 8:26:49 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/31/2009 8:02:29 PM
Author:Marjan12
Hi all -

I just wanted to share with you guys a very interesting and GREAT experience I had at Good Old Gold. I''ve been in contact w/Jonathan for weeks now re: his finding me a pear shape.
Very interesting indeed! I will file this important bit of info away for future reference. Thank you so much for sharing this!

And congratulations, I can''t wait to see your ring!
Ditto and it just goes to show how important having an expert to evaluate the stone is with things like bow ties.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Pear shapes are the hardest to judge with numbers. you HAVE to see them to know if it is the "one".
I cant wait to see pictures!!! I looooove pears!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly trust Jon with fancy shapes as well as the H&A stones! So glad you found one you loved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results